Human Resources Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 24, 2023
All Points North is seeking a Human Resources Manager in Edwards, CO!
Who We Are
All Points North is a comprehensive behavioral health company, with locations opening across the country. You can learn more about us at www.apn.com!
We are searching for team members who share our values and passion for bringing high-quality care, hope, opportunity, and restoration to the lives of those we are privileged to serve.
About the Position:
The Human Resource Manager will assist the Human Resources Director in overseeing the All Points North Human Resources initiatives and responsibilities, by implementing and coordinating company policies and activities. This includes employment, compensation, compliance, benefits, training, and employee services. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation of HR programs and initiatives. The individual will follow protocol to ensure the policies and procedures are being followed, compliance and that behavior in the organization meets APN standards of conduct.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: For this position we prefer a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field.
This position requires at least 3 years’ experience in human resources management to include recruiting and hiring, benefits administration, as well as experience with background checks, reference checks, license, and credential verification. Must be familiar with human resources policies, procedures, and compliance, possess excellent communication and organizational skills. Hands-on experience with HIRS and human resources training systems and technology is essential. Knowledge and understanding of JCAHO human resources requirements is preferred. Additional HR training or experience is a plus. Healthcare or behavioral health experience is also a plus.
Special Skills & Knowledge:
Candidates should have the following skills and attributes: must be able to work and communicate well with people; be adaptable and accept changes quickly and easily; be willing to address conflict appropriately, highly organized, methodical, detail-oriented, ability to communicate professionally in both verbal and written forms. The ideal candidate should have a proven record of accomplishment of success in human resources management. This position requires high energy and creativity, and the ability to use data-driven insights to make solid human resources decisions. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines.
The physical requirements described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Routine mobility includes standing, stooping, bending, lifting, walking, and running.
- Regularly required to sit and work at a phone/computer workstation
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Ability to travel on occasion by car, plane, bus, and train
Materials & Equipment:
Copy machine, multi-line telephone, personal computer, and fax machine.
- High moral and ethical values
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing
- Articulate, with interpersonal skills to work as an integral part of a team.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, appropriate references, and transcript from an accredited university.
- Appropriate interpersonal/personal boundaries
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Ability to remain flexible to accommodate changes in work schedule.
- Adapts effectively to new situations.
- Ability to speak and understand the English and Spanish languages.
- Ability to report to work at the APN Lodge offices in Edwards, Colorado
Position Duties and Responsibilities – Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Report to and work closely with the Director of Human Resources to supervise the daily operations and the development of the Human Resources department.
- Collaborate with the Training Manager to coordinate all training and tracking of training to ensure compliance. Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition Specialist to maintain the flow of the recruitment, hiring and employment process to ensure effective and efficient hiring of the most qualified candidate.
- Collaborate with the Human Resources Generalist(s) and Senior Human Resources Generalist in the following areas: credentialing, performance reviews, payroll, benefits, HRIS and reporting/year-end requirements.
- Oversees the administration of employee housing to optimize efficiencies and fiscal management.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Assists with the opening of facilities to include implementation of systems, communication of APN policies and procedures, and onboarding.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Collaborate with other departments to create innovative human resources solutions.
- Update website content as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
All Points North offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k. All Points North Lodge also offers paid holidays and vacation time to facilitate a healthy work-life balance.
All Points North is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, creed, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, sexual identity, sexual expression, or disability that does not prohibit performance of essential job functions.
Salary range: $90,000-$110,000/year
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off