Group and Conference Services Sales Manager
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000 DOE + 20% of all realized Group and Conference Services Fees.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 3, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Group and Conference Services Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales and Revenue
The Group and Conference Services Manager is responsible for soliciting, prospecting, closing and welcoming corporate and social group accounts (10+ rooms) to the hotel. Its primary responsibility is to identify the group’s needs and provide with effective lodging and catering solutions.
This position is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating functions and assigning guests rooms to the groups. As a part of a seamless experience, it is expected to coordinate Pre-Conference Meetings, Banquet Event Orders, Rooming Lists and final billings with the most attention to detail and interdepartmental harmonization in accordance with hotel policies and quality standards, to ensure customer satisfaction, maximize profitability and generate return business.
SALES DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Weekly updates to the Management Team and Sales Department
- Work with Director of Sales and Revenue to determine appropriate group rates.
- Operate the Group and Conference Sales Department within established sales expense budget
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies, selling techniques and SOP’s with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR)
- Meet or exceed Group sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales and Revenue
- Develop a collaborative interdepartmental working relationship
- Develop, maintain and increase the business relationship with the Antlers Caterer
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in the community
- Organize and implement Antlers’ owner, guest, and employee functions
Coordinate staffing needs with Antlers Caterer for all the event needs from setting up to breaking down
- Assist Antlers Front Desk and Sales department as needed and as additional asset when we are in slower Group/Event timeframes
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market
- Initiate and follow up on group leads
- Regularly contact existing accounts
- Create room blocks, rooming lists, banquet orders and correct billing information
- Prepare required reports in a timely manner
- Keep Front Desk and Sales team informed of all room blocks, group rates, billing intricacies, etc.
- Organize Group Organizers FAM events
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use the property’s computerized sales management system
- Meet and greet onsite contacts
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales and Revenue to ensure that issues receive follow-up
Previous sales or managerial experience in Hospitality/Lodging industry. Must be able to work in a neat and efficient manner, keeping work areas clean and well organized. Ability to multi-task in busy environment. Flexible work Schedule
College degree or Minimum 4 to 5 years’ sales experience in a similar role preferred, with a good understanding of English, both written and oral.
BASE SALARY RANGE: $55,000- $65,000 D.O.E., plus 20% of all realized Group and Conference Services Fees.
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass