Merchandise Coordinator, AspenX
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Aspen / Roaring Fork, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 22, 2023
The Merchandise Coordinator will be responsible for inventory accuracy and select sub-categories to drive growth and profitability within the ASPENX organization. The role works closely with Merchandise managers, Store Operations, Internal Customers, with some assistance required at the warehouse including but not limited to; cycle and physical counts, inventory accuracy, and adjustment processes, as well daily replenishment to ensure product delivery standards are met. The assistant merchandising planner has a strong attention to detail and collaborates closely with multiple cross functional departments with the ability to be a self-starter as well as a contributor to the overall strategies.
The budgeted range for this position is $24-$28/hour. Actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience.
Essential Job Functions
- Receive merchandise transfer orders in all ASPENX retail locations including Aspen Mountain Club, Snowmass Mountain Club, The Little Nell Boutique and all Limelight locations.
- Collaborate with merchandising team, store operations and warehouse logistics to optimize inventory and manage in stock level positions.
- Ensure premium, quality product and collaborations are in the right place, at the right time to maximize profitability and guest exposure following all contracted guidelines.
- Assists in preparing correspondence, routine reports, PowerPoint presentations, sale signs and other documents, including but not limited to guides, workbooks, training manuals, etc. to assist with training, operations and marketing needs.
- Will be required to work in stores during peak times
- Monitor and investigate as necessary all inventory movements of retail inventory, including audit cycle counts and physical counts.
- Identify retail store shrinkage occurrences and root cause issues by utilizing available tools (surveillance, system records, etc.) and report findings to the Retail Operations Manager
- Assist with warranty and damaged product resolution processes at the stores
- Provide training to stores on inventory control best practices
- Work with Retail Operations Manager, ASPENX stores to identify operational process areas that are suboptimal and assist in implementing corrective actions
- Responsible for setting up products in internal system and uploading purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Manage the Internal Order Request process to ensure product is delivered and processed correctly, assist in preparation of preseason internal sales event.
- Execute and track in-season replenishment orders to ensure product is always in-stock while limiting the risk of excess based on assortment Min/Max strategy.
- Responsible for collaborating with merchandising team and loading / adjusting demand plan to ensure the business has an accurate sales and inventory visibility.
- Assist in management of inventory health through pre-season buying budgets, in season replenishment controls, seasonal sell through targets, PO receipt flow, and pricing strategies.
- Own PO confirmation process and ensure purchasing system reflects accurate quantities, dates, prices, and terms for all purchase orders.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant experience required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- Ability to maintain strong working relationship with multiple cross functional teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint with knowledge of POS systems, and inventory management programs.
- Must be well organized and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization, vendors, customers, and other third parties
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to work independently and to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass