Planning and Development Manager
Salary: minimum starting pay for this position is $82,910
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Aspen / Roaring Fork, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 10, 2022
Applications have closed
This position carries out project planning and management responsibilities as assigned. The position provides support to the planning and development team in master planning, entitlements, planning and construction to ensure that projects proceed smoothly through the development process.
The minimum starting pay for this position is $82,910. Actual pay will be dependent on experience and qualifications, and all of our salaried roles are eligible for bonus.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs duties in master planning, feasibility analysis, project scoping, on-mountain and base area facility design and construction, community land use code and policy planning; and project entitlements.
- Directly supports Project Managers and Directors on complex projects in ski area master planning, employee housing, community planning, food and beverage, retail and other projects.
- Develops logistical plans to complete projects based on budget, work schedule and available resources.
- Serves as a company representative in public planning and entitlement forums.
- Participates in the preparation of presentations for management and ownership.
- Performs routine office administration duties including file maintenance, digital archiving, record keeping and similar tasks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Possess a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working in a planning, real-estate development or construction related capacity: planning and design firm, general contractor, public agency, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
- Proven experience across all aspects of the development process, including but not limited to project definition, conceptual planning and design, entitlement application preparation and prosecution, documentation of planning and design outcomes, construction management and project management. Familiarity with complex analysis, project entitlements and stakeholder engagement.
- Possess a solid theoretical and practical understanding of land use codes and approval processes. Specific familiarity with Roaring Fork Valley jurisdictions (U.S. Forest Service, Pitkin and Eagle Counties, City of Aspen, Town of Snowmass Village) is a significant plus.
- Must be able to manage numerous projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Professional experience that clearly demonstrates a passion for quality and innovation.
- Self-directed and demonstrated initiative-taking with a desire to grow in to a leadership role.
- Superlative communication and facilitation amongst and between internal clients, team members, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Proven ability to build consensus amongst internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail and adept problem-solving skills.
- 3D visualization programs including Adobe Creative Suite, ArcView, AutoCAD, Sketch Up preferred.
- GIS geospatial database and mapping programs including ArcGIS, ArcMap etc. preferred.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass