Job Type: Full Time
Location: Aspen / Roaring Fork, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 13, 2022
The Sous Chef’s (Overtime Eligible Manager) responsibility is to assist the Chef with daily restaurant operations. This position will require full coverage of the Chef’s responsibilities during their absence.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for the safe handling of food product according to applicable health codes and laws
• Maintain and promote proper food safety and handling protocol.
• Maintain a safe & clean work environment.
• Coordinate the arrival and storage of incoming product.
• Complete and assign daily production and preparation lists.
• Contribute to the creation of fresh and innovative daily specials.
• Work as an active participant on the service line as required, prepping and serving food items according to chef specifications
• Communicate with restaurant management as needed to provide menu and pricing information.
• Communicate with Chef regarding the daily inventory and ordering process.
• Assist Chef with financial, scheduling and ordering responsibilities as required.
• Oversee daily kitchen closing and cleaning procedures to include walk-ins and freezers.
• Responsible for all aspects of the restaurant in the Chef’s absence.
• Complete and submit an accurate monthly inventory.
• Act as a coach to address any performance issues and document the same.
• Responsible for proper payroll procedure
• Managing People – Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates skills and encourages growth;
• Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external)
• Other duties as assigned
• Must be 18 years or older
• 3 years of progressive experience in a culinary environment with guest service required
• Culinary degree preferred
• Ability to positively lead and motivate a team preferred
• Experience with computer programs such as Microsoft Office preferred
• Knowledge of purchasing preferred
• ServSafe or similar food safety course certification is preferred
• Excellent written and spoken English, Spanish is an advantage
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants in winter
Supervision Given and Received:
Supervision Given: Exercises general supervision over kitchen staff. Assigns a variety of routine tasks, sets general expectations of results expected within company’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision Received: Works under general supervision of the Restaurant Chef. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, smell, taste, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / ASPENX / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company’s benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
- Education / Training
- Mental Health Resources
- Ski Pass