Office Manager & Membership Relationship Coordinator
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Aspen / Roaring Fork, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 25, 2023
About the role
This is a part-time, non-exempt position not to exceed 30 hours a week, and is under the supervision of the Executive Director. The Office Manager supports the Chamber in its three main roles and is responsible for administrative, membership, and managing the day-to-day operations, including supporting the Bookkeeper and Executive Director, and assisting with the programs, activities, and functions of the chamber. Given the nature of the role, this is an in-office position, as much of the job requires being physically present to assist members, visitors and staff.
The hourly rate for this position generally ranges between $24-27/hour.
Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required. There is the potential to expand to a full-time role, as budget and needs allow.
This position requires you to be nimble and flexible, as well as comfortable being in a frontline role. There is no “regular” day at the Chamber; some days there is an event to execute, other days you may get interesting phone calls asking the most random questions.
This position is not a supervisory role – there are no direct reports on staff. There will be opportunities for leadership, including the occasional need to supervise volunteers supporting staff with chamber projects and events.
Objectives of this role
- Oversee the member and visitor experience, ensuring a personal, friendly experience for anyone engaging with the chamber;
- Ensure peak organizational operations, including identifying and executing preventative measures as needed;
- Implement established policies and procedures, measure outcomes against standards, and improve operational flow when identified;
- Cultivate meaningful relationships with chamber members and stakeholders;
- Oversee office interactions, responding to requests and questions
- Responsible for providing chamber members and visitors with the best experience and the highest level of customer service;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for tracking and responding to inquiries and complaints.
- Work with Executive Director to keep member information updated and accurate; maintain member files within ChamberMaster (our database);
- Promote membership services and opportunities;
- Process new member applications and assist with membership renewals;
- Coordinate, promote and manage the execution of Chamber events;
- Prepare reports on membership and other activities as requested by the Director;
- Serve as committee liaison: preparing agendas, attending meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Assist members with marketing and advertising needs utilizing the Chamber’s resources, engage members through committee or program participation, develop prospective members;
- During Chamber Ski Pass season – assist with the verification of eligibility process, answer chamber member questions, ensure compliance with ASC program guidelines, and collect payment as needed.
- Responsible for the management of daily operations of the Basalt Chamber’s office and Visitor Center, overseeing the day-to-day activities of the office as the main point of contact in the reception area, providing office coverage, including answering phones, greeting guests, data entry and updating files, etc.;
- Ensure office efficiency by maintaining professional appearance of common areas, overseeing and maintaining office equipment for uninterrupted function, identifying and fulfill office supply needs, maintaining and managing vendors, and coordinating food delivery as needed;
- Provide direct Chamber administrative support as needed, including handling correspondence (phone/email/in-person), managing filing systems (digital and physical), scheduling appointments, meetings and events, and mailing and shipping packages;
- Triage, and appropriate escalate, issues for timely resolution and minimal disruptions.
Marketing and Communication
- Support marketing efforts and advertising initiatives including print, radio and digital media advertising;
- Create and manage electronic communications to members, including e-newsletters and electronic invitations using Constant Contact & ChamberMaster;
- Assist with developing content for the Chamber website, social media and email newsletters in coordination with the Executive Director;
- Prepare and send prospective and new membership packets.
- Two years of experience in an office setting performing complex administrative functions, OR any combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills and abilities;
- Previous customer service experience – passion for helping others and finding solutions, even under challenging circumstances;
- Proficient in the use of computer technology; such as Microsoft Office and Google Workspace applications, with an aptitude to learn new software and systems;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with staff, members, Boards, committees, government agencies and the public. Using tact, discretion, initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines;
- Ability to work as a member of a team that performs a variety of recurring tasks interspersed with research, analysis and special projects;
Ability to analyze and verify information from complex forms and reports;
Ability to organize work and set priorities, meet critical deadlines and follow-up on assignments independently;
- Ability to apply logic to solve problems and accomplish tasks, and to interpret and communicate policies and procedures;
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic and empathy.
- Previous experience in a nonprofit or public sector setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of Google applications preferred
- Advanced computer skills and experience with online platforms, including social media and WordPress
- Experience using graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite – a plus
- Familiarity with and/or enthusiasm for the business community and/or Basalt
- Bilingual – a plus
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Experience developing internal systems – a plus
Time commitment and compensation
The Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act requires employers in the state of Colorado to disclose the following information.
The hourly rate for this position generally ranges between $24-27/hour. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other considerations permitted by law. The maximum hourly for this position is $27/hr. An offer above the hiring range may be made depending upon the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Paid Time Off – 60 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO) annually, based on monthly accrual which begins at the start of employment;
- Sick time – up to 48 hours annually (1 hour of sick time accrued for every 30 hours work, with a maximum of 48 hours per year);
- 11 Paid holidays;
- Health & Wellness – After 90 days, this position is eligible for a monthly health & wellness stipend towards the cost of medical/dental coverage or other related expenses;
- Opportunity for employee education reimbursement for professional development;
- Flexible schedule
The set schedule for this role (20-30 hours a week) will be determined between the employee and the supervisor. Standard office hours for BCC employees fall Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and a flexible schedule may be considered. The ability to work most mornings is important. Schedules may be impacted by the timing of chamber events; for example Business After Hours events run until 6 p.m., so a schedule may be altered to have a later start the day of, or the day after the event to compensate for that later workday. Office and visitor center hours may vary based on seasonality and demand.
Given the nature of the role, this is an in-office position, as much of the job requires being physically present to assist members, visitors and staff.
To apply, please submit an application via Mountain Careers by June 20, 2023
The Basalt Chamber of Commerce (BCC) is a 501(c)6 nonprofit focused on supporting the business community in the mid-Roaring Fork Valley and beyond. The chamber is a membership-based organization, predominantly supported through member investment in the form of annual dues.
The BCC’s efforts in the community include three distinct, yet connected roles, broken down as follows:
- Chamber of Commerce – strengthening, educating, connecting and advocating for the business community (50%);
- Economic Vitality and Support – support local, regional and statewide efforts that impact businesses and local workforce (20%);
- Tourism Development – as a destination management organization (DMO) and visitors center (20%);
The final 10% of the BCC’s time/efforts is spent on Operations, including general administrative and financial responsibilities required to run the organization.
- Education / Training
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly