River Guide (Middle Fork Salmon River)
Salary: $225-$285 / day
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Bozeman / Big Sky, MT
Publish Date: Posted November 21, 2022
Boundary Expeditions is seeking top-tier, outdoor professionals to join our team dedicated to providing best-in-class wilderness experiences on the Middle Fork of the Salmon River.
Our multi-day guide team is composed of river professionals who safely and competently guide our guests on 5-6 day wilderness excursions along the famous Middle Fork of the Salmon River. The Boundary Expeditions River Guide provides unparalleled guest experiences while maintaining a professional level of hospitality, safety, and fun. BE guides are passionate about the river, maintaining a safe and professional workplace, and bring years of rowing, paddling, and whitewater safety skills to the table.
THE BOUNDARY DIFFERENCE
- Earn top-of-industry wages and gratuities
- Join a professional team that works hard and plays hard
- Engage with amazing clientele on high-end charter trips
- Excel as an outdoor professional – training and career growth opportunities
- Champion healthy rivers and wild spaces
MIDDLE FORK OF THE SALMON RIVER
World renown for its wilderness beauty, class III-IV whitewater and world-class fishing, the Middle Fork Salmon River is a career-goal destination for rafting guides from around the world.
PASSIONATE ABOUT RIVERS? WE ARE TOO!
This is your opportunity to work on a world class river with a top-tier team that interacts with change-makers. We’ve hosted political figures, partnered with top river conservation groups, and there’s always room for campfire chats about impacting positive change in our world.
AVAILABILITY / SEASON
Seeking guides who are available for approximately 8-10 trips May through September, starting with the 2023 summer season.
- Guiding remote, wilderness whitewater trips (5-7 days)
- Guiding oar boats and paddle boats
- Providing exceptional guest experiences
- Working closely as a team to safely and professional execute trips
- Daily set-up and break-down of camp
- Preparing and serving camp meals
- Leading hikes, sharing significant historical and cultural points, leading camp activities, fostering a fun & engaging
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Respectful, team-oriented attitude
- Strong whitewater rafting experience (Class III-IV)
- Prior commercial guiding experience
- Middle Fork Salmon River experience a plus
- Wilderness First Responder certified (or equivalent)
- Swiftwater Rescue Technician certified (or equivalent)
- Must enjoy providing unforgettable guest experiences
Daily comp range: $225-$285 based on experience (+ gratuities)
Benefits: seasonal accommodation at our boathouse in Salmon, ID including free wifi, shower, laundry…