IT Support Technician
Salary: $27.96/hr - $41.94/hr
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Aspen / Roaring Fork, CO
Publish Date: Posted April 28, 2023
Applications have closed
Position Summary: Performs a variety of physical, technical, and administrative duties to support the customer request for service process, implementation of customer devices, and the maintenance of the City’s IT Fiber Network and associated infrastructure, consistent with the organization’s values and mission statement. This position also researches and implements customer support process improvement and automation opportunities.
Essential Job Functions:
Customer Support Process
• Processes customer requests for service by determining details of request, providing initial trouble shooting support, escalating request to appropriate IT Staff if necessary, documenting request and solution, and training customers on the use of computer equipment, phone equipment, and network services. Implements appropriate process improvements.
• Provides PC implementation support such as the receiving and staging of new and repurposed equipment, configuration to standard and customer requirements, installation, and maintenance of records and documentation. Implements appropriate automation of routine tasks.
• Provides network printer support including: troubleshooting, configuration, and installation.
IT Infrastructure Support
• Provides support for City Metro Fiber Network by processing of UNCC requests for locates in combination with existing GIS fiber application and associated maps, locating and marking through the use of fiber locating equipment, updating fiber maps, and obtaining documentation through the use of the GPS unit, web applications, iPad, and photography. Maintains fiber locating equipment, Inspects and maintains City facility network closets, and provides recycling staging and transport to landfill or appropriate recycling center. Implements appropriate GIS-based documentation of IT and network resources.
City Organizational Values
• Supports and models the City of Aspen organizational values: Service, Partnership, Stewardship, and Innovation. Organizational values are shared principles that guide behavior across the organization. This position is responsible for upholding and applying these values while performing daily work functions.
Other duties as assigned.
Core Competencies: Displays the following key competencies and behaviors in the overall job performance to include knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Service: Provides service with excellence, humility, integrity, and respect in daily work, builds trust by listening, treats people with respect, acknowledges opportunities for improvement, and follows through with commitments.
• Partnership: Actively creates strong, supportive internal and external relationships to attain a common goal and achieve greater impact together.
• Stewardship: Balances social, environmental, and financial responsibilities, evaluating the impact of decision making on a thriving future for all.
• Innovation: Develops technical expertise to pursue new ideas and creative outcomes, grounded in Aspen’s unique culture, opportunities and challenges.
• Communication: Knowledge of effective and appropriate communication. Ability to use knowledge effectively in various contexts which may require oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication.
• Interpersonal: Works to develop strength in interpersonal skills. Has the ability to work well with diverse groups of people, both inside and outside the organization.
• Technology: Demonstrates technology skills sufficient for the nature and level of position. Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and transition job duties accordingly to support technological advances and innovation. Knowledge of and interest in computing, applications, networking and cybersecurity technology.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or other relevant technical degree(s).
Experience: Two years of experience in Computer and Network technologies along with IT support.
Technical Knowledge: Must be proficient in Microsoft applications, and have a basic understanding of cybersecurity, computers, and online computer-based technology applications, which includes accessing web based platforms.
Licenses & Certifications: Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of start date.
NOTE: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge and skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for the requirements above.
Preferred Candidate: Has experience with Windows PC’s, tablets and smart-phones, GPS units/GIS, telemetry, and map reading, has networking and/or IT support certifications and/or security certifications, e.g., CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional), CompTIA Security+, CISM (Certified Information Security Manager).
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Hiring Bonuses
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly