Medical Receptionist – Flexible Schedule 8:3o am to 2:30 pm
Salary: $20-27 DOE
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 10, 2022
Do you have School age kids and want to work while your kids are at school? We have a great opportunity for you! This position is flexible for those who cannot work a full 8 hours due to the school schedule as it would allow for the candidate to still do school drop off and pick up.
Colorado Mountain Medial is seeking to hire Medical Receptionists to join our Front Office Teams at our Eagle County Clinics. Medical Receptionists are typically the first point of contact for our patients as they enter our clinics. They are responsible for scheduling appointments, answering phones, greeting, checking-in/ checking-out patients and updating patient demographic information.
This is a great role for someone looking to get into the healthcare field! Our ideal candidate is detail oriented, friendly and has great guest service skills. Shifts may also be scheduled in our other clinical locations as needed.
These are full time positions and come with great benefits including medical, dental, vision, a retirement savings plan with company match, PTO, annual bonus potential and more!
As a condition of employment, Colorado Mountain Medical requires COVID-19 vaccination of all clinical and non-clinical staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
– Schedules patient appointments.
– Promptly answers incoming calls in a professional manner, transfers to appropriate person, takes message if required or provide assistance as applicable.
– Greets patients in a professional and courteous manner. Updates patient registrations when appropriate.
– Obtains correct address information, telephone numbers and insurance information from the patient. Collects co-pay and any other money due from patient. Scans insurance cards and registrations.
– Assists with patient flow and keeping the office organized. Distributes faxes, mail, and courier bags as requested by the Office Manager.
– Assists in training newly hired employees, if requested by Office Manager. Completes other tasks and duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
– High School Diploma or equivalent.
– Previous customer service experience preferred. Previous medical office experience preferred.
– Strong computer and typing proficiency.
– Strong verbal/written communication and organizational skills. Bilingual Spanish / English proficiency highly preferred.
– Professionalism and ability to be discreet with confidential and sensitive issues.
– Ability to perform multiple tasks and work a varied schedule. Ability to foster professional and productive relationships.
– Knowledge of medical terminology, HIPPA compliance and OSHA rules and regulations preferred.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
– Sitting for more than 50% of the day.
-Walking and standing for less than 50% of the day.
– Occasionally lifts moves or exerts force up to 35 lbs.
– Works indoors in an office environment.
– Exposure to communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a medical clinic environment.