Golf Course Mechanic
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 25, 2023
Golf Course Mechanic
The Cordillera Short Course is a private amenity owned by the CPOA open to Cordillera Property Owners and accompanied guests. It has been previously managed by Troon, but we are bringing this management in-house to be solely managed by the Cordillera Property Owners Association. It is a 9-hole, par 3 course located in the Divide of Cordillera, with fabulous views east to the Vail Valley. A Dave Pelz Signature design, one of two in the world, the course was created to improve your short game. Each hole is less than 200 yards and features challenging shots and tight bunkering. There is also a short game proactive area for pitching, chipping, and putting skills. It is enough for serious players looking to lower their handicap, while providing a fun, relaxed golf experience for families and golfers of every ability level. General Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Places orders for parts/supplies as needed for equipment or service and tracks expenses and inventories for budget.
- Performs troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance of equipment including vehicles, tractors, grounds keeping equipment, power tools, hand tools, and related golf and parks equipment.
- Keeps accurate, complete, and timely records of repair work performed.
- Operates heavy and light equipment.
- Performs mower grinding/sharpening, general overhaul of motors and reels, installs and adjusts braking systems.
- Performs machining or welding work in making fittings used in repair of maintenance equipment.
- Performs general labor and cleaning related to golf course maintenance equipment.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a clean working environment.
- Perform other duties requested by equipment manager and Superintendent.
- Reports to Superintendent.
Preferred Education/Experience: · Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination and experience. Degree preference in agronomy/horticulture/plant/soil science.
· Ability to read and speak English · Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications · Valid Driver’s License
Compensation and Benefits: Salary – $60,000-70,000
Vacation, holidays Health, dental, vision insurance Life insurance Long-term disability 401K with employer match Employment is Full-Time, Year-Round.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off