Golf Course Attendant
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 25, 2023
Applications have closed
Golf Course Attendant
The Cordillera Short Course is a private amenity owned by the CPOA open to Cordillera Property Owners and accompanied guests. It has been previously managed by Troon, but we are bringing this management in-house to be solely managed by the Cordillera Property Owners Association.
It is a 9-hole, par 3 course located in the Divide of Cordillera, with fabulous views east to the Vail Valley. A Dave Pelz Signature design, one of two in the world, the course was created to improve your short game. Each hole is less than 200 yards and features challenging shots and tight bunkering.
There is also a short game proactive area for pitching, chipping, and putting skills. It is enough for serious players looking to lower their handicap, while providing a fun, relaxed golf experience for families and golfers of every ability level.
We are looking to add team-oriented individuals with a passion for the game of golf and course management. These positions require a positive attitude, strong work ethic, ability to work with the team as well as work alone, and willingness to want to learn the aspects of golf.
The attendant positions assist in day-to-day operations, performs daily responsibilities to a high level and incorporates safe work practices in job performance. The potential candidates would be capable of following instructions as given.
Our team consists of Groundskeepers, Golf Course Attendants, Head of Golf Hospitality, Mechanic, and Golf Course Superintendent. Reports to Head of Golf Hospitality.
High School Diploma
- Assisting in servicing homeowners, efficiency of cart loading, cart cleanliness, staging and storing.
- Ability / Willingness to learn new tasks and operate different types of equipment as required
- This position will meet and greet all members and their guests in a warm, friendly and professional manner in accordance with all facility policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily operations of range ball recovery (chipping and pitching range only) utilizing both mechanical and hand machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for the collection of, organization of, and cleanliness of all range baskets used for ball transportation according to policies and procedures established by management.
- Help keep all working areas attractive, neat, and clean free of trash and waste.
- Responsible for washing the range balls to maintain their cleanliness and usability.
- Follow procedures for proper opening and closing of the cart and range operations.
- Keep the outside area uncontested, neat, and clean. Do not allow carts to clog passage area, arrange them neatly after having been used.
- Inspect the condition of golf carts with specific attention to their cleanliness and appearance.
- Responsible for cart cleanliness, cart supplies, cart condition and fuelings the rotation of golf carts to ensure uniform usage amongst the fleet.
- Assist golf shop personnel in the setup of golf carts and range operations.
- Refer all major problems/complaints to a manager and/or assistant manager.
- Follow procedures in management of the cart.
- Maintain order and continuity of player traffic.
- Tracking and reporting the need for supplies necessary for day to day operations of their given areas.
- Perform other duties as required.
No Experience needed, will be trained
This is an ideal position for a self-motivated individual with a positive attitude who thrives in a culture that encourages individuals to make decisions independently and learn how to use their time productively.
Compensation and Benefits:
$20 – $23 per hour
Full-Time, Summer Seasonal
40 hour work week
Golf and Athletic Center privileges