Director of Purchasing & Inventory
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Northwest Colorado
Publish Date: Posted April 27, 2023
Applications have closed
Who are we?
Dave and Matt Vans is a Class B RV manufacturer located in Rifle, CO. The company was founded in 2019 with the mission of making vanlife accessible to everyone. The foundation of our business has always been to improve the lives of others through our passion for freedom, growth and the possibilities created by mobile living. Our internal culture is rooted in seeking truth, passion, growth, purpose and intentionality. We hold ourselves to the highest standards of accountability and push each other & our company to always do better. We require our people to be extremely open minded, challenge each other and work towards something bigger than themselves. We believe our culture and our people are the foundation of all of our success and are seeking to find like minded, values based individuals that want to help push themselves and our company forward.
The Director of Purchasing & Inventory oversees all aspects of sourcing, purchasing, receiving, inventory storage and systems to manufacture our lifestyle vehicles. Position will work closely with the Director of Financial Planning to establish inventory budgets and forecasting processes impacting the purchasing and accounting departments.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify opportunities for greater efficiency and cost savings while implementing the necessary controls to maintain appropriate purchasing cadence and inventory levels ranging from van chassis to the nuts and bolts.
- Oversight of ERP focusing on the inventory application.
- Evaluate order size, cadence and vendors to maximize efficiencies and cost saving.
- Grow current and establish new vendors and suppliers creating stable relationships to solidify and stabilize company supply chains.
- Negotiate with vendors to establish the best terms, financing and delivery options to continually improve product quality while maintaining strict budgeting goals.
- Continually refine the purchasing/inventory process and systems.
- Develop and maintain KPI’s, quarterly and monthly reporting for the executive team.
- Coordinate cycle counts and physical inventory counts.
- Lead, evaluate and develop the purchasing and inventory team.
- Daily Internal communication with the Head of Manufacturing alongside the Director of Financial Planning and Director of Production to ensure company forecasting, goals and scaling and production targets are met.
- External communications with vendors, suppliers to negotiate competitive contracts and pricing, review bids and establish payment terms.
- 5-8 years of experience in high level inventory or purchasing management role(s) in a manufacturing environment, helpful but not required.
- Complete understanding of supply chain, inventory, business and management principles.
- Critical problem solving and organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven budget, forecasting and financial analysis experience.
- Prior inventory management system / ERP experience preferred.
- Able to apply business and inventory experience but unattached to conventional methods or industry standards.
- Willing and flexible ability to perform top to bottom tasks to achieve company goals.
- Open to receiving and providing feedback to improve the team and the organization.
- Must be able to strategize and “figure stuff out”.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment on concrete floors.
- Limited lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- 50/50 time standing / sitting.
- Some exposure to warehouse and manufacturing noise including power tools and machines.
Job Type: Full time, Salaried
Schedule: 40+ hours/week
Salary: $80,000 / annually
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Flexible Time off and Education & Fitness reimbursement.
Job Location: Rifle, Colorado
For consideration, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off