Airport Maintenance Technician I
Salary: Hiring Range: $21.12-$26.41. The max pay for this position is $31.69.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Choose Location
Publish Date: Posted September 19, 2022
Hiring Range: $21.12-$26.41. The max pay for this position is $31.69.
The Airport Maintenance Tech performs maintenance in a variety of different disciplines including but not limited to facility maintenance, asphalt and concrete maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, lighting, painting, irrigation, fencing, snow removal, and equipment operations and maintenance. Keeps airside and landside facilities and grounds in a clean and safe condition for public use.
Schedule: We are looking for someone who can work Sunday – Wednesday 11am – 9:30pm (4x10s schedule) OR Wednesday – Saturday 11am – 9:30pm (4x10s schedule). This schedule may change based on the availability of other team members. All team members are expected to be flexible with start and end times based on flight schedules.
- Maintains airport buildings, grounds, assists in the maintenance of low voltage electrical systems and assists with runway maintenance.
- Performs landscaping, irrigation, planting, removal of debris from grass areas and the airport perimeter fence, and maintains parking lots.
- Operates and assists in the maintenance of airport systems that may include heating, ventilation, air conditioning, plumbing, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, and computer controls, functions and/or operations.
- Performs general maintenance duties including maintaining, repairing and/or remodeling buildings, lighting fixtures, furniture, grounds, carpentry, fences, gates, asphalt and concrete surfaces. Paints interior and exterior structures.
- Maintains and repairs faucets and pipes, unstops and repairs toilets and drains, installs plumbing ducts, pipes, and fixtures.
- Mandatory availability and participation in snow removal operations.
- Operates a variety of equipment for snow removal, FOD removal, summer airside and landside projects, uses and maintains hand tools and motorized hand tools for weed trimming, mowing and snow removal. Participates in bristle changes, cleaning the SRE and assisting with equipment maintenance.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance on buildings and equipment and weekly preventative maintenance inspections.
- Trains internal/external personnel in a variety of subjects.
- Reviews work orders to determine material, equipment, and personnel requirements.
- Maintains and repairs the baggage conveyance systems.
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials safely and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Serves the community by demonstrating Eagle County Government mission and core values and following relevant policies and procedures.
- Assists with daily trash checks, and trash removal from the terminal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience maintaining and repairing building systems, including but not limited to; facility maintenance, asphalt and concrete maintenance, carpentry, plumbing, lighting, painting, sandblasting, irrigation, fencing, and/or snow removal and equipment operations. Or any combo of education and experience
- Possess a valid Driver’s License, or ability to obtain within 60 days, with a satisfactory motor vehicle record without restrictions.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s License or ability to obtain within 1 year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must successfully pass a 10 year background criminal history records check in accordance with TSR, Part 1542 and maintain eligibility for FAA and TSA-mandated security clearance requirements.
- Ability to operate a variety of tools, parts, and equipment in order to complete maintenance activities.
- Ability to identify and implement effective courses of action to complete assigned work.
- Knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions, practices and work methods sufficient to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others.
- Ability to safely operate automotive and heavy equipment, including automatic and manual shift.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
- Ability to ensure adherence with established FAA and TSA rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written English. Ability to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instruction in order to repair and operate machinery and other equipment. Ability to read and understand service repair manuals.
- Write reports following a standard format with basic proficiency in the use of computer software and applications (i.e., Google Docs and Sheets).
- Interpersonal skills are necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, tenants, and other governmental agencies and departments, the community, airport users, and the traveling public.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy materials, supplies, and equipment (25-50 lbs.) frequently, 50-100 lbs. occasionally; requires continued walking, stooping, standing, and some climbing.
- Visual ability to see colors, determine differences in surface texture, and recognize defective surfaces.
- Indoor work is typically performed with exposure to work hazards from loud noises, moving parts, and caustic substances when repairing and operating heavy equipment or using power tools. Work requires the use of protective equipment.
- Safety practices, safe work methods and safety regulations pertaining to the associated work.
- Ability to be available or to be on-call for emergency call-outs, snow removal or weekend duty.
- Ability to assist with night work for terminal and runway maintenance.
Culture & Benefits
Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the mountains. ‘Your Career will Soar with Eagle County’. Get started with us today!
- Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022? Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness. Check out more awards here.
- Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550 employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All.
- Learning organization focused on professional development opportunities,
- FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement.
- Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing, climate change and more.
As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Great benefits! See the details
- Comprehensive and low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance (as low as $75/month for employee only)
Wellness program where you can earn cash or extra days off
12 paid holidays
Paid time off (starting at 12 days) and additional medical leave
Paid volunteer hours
6% (dollar for dollar match) retirement plan
Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
Tuition reimbursement programs
Bilingual Pay Incentive
Free bus pass and more
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Relocation & Housing Information
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off