Fleet Parts & Services Coordinator
Salary: Hiring Range: $24.97-$31.22.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted December 1, 2022
Applications have closed
The Fleet Parts Specialist will manage the Parts/Warehouse function by ordering, receiving, stocking, recording and dispensing a variety of supplies, materials, parts and equipment to the Fleet Services Department employees. Daily management of the parts inventory and performing courier duties associated with the acquisition and storage of parts.
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8am-4:30pm
- Locates parts and supplies for all fleet operations; contacts vendors and makes price comparisons and checks for availability; orders parts, supplies and services required for fleet maintenance repairs and operations. 100%
- Receives and stocks parts and supplies; verifies accuracy, and completeness of billing and quantities of orders received; ensures quality of services and products received. 20%
- Tracks ordered parts and supplies with estimated delivery dates; tracks back-ordered supplies; contacts vendors when necessary. 10%
- Fills requests for parts for fleet maintenance staff; issues parts for repair orders; charges vendor invoices to appropriate repair order. 80%
- Maintains inventory levels for fleet operations using the CCG/FASTER Fleet Management software system; creates a database and manages perpetual inventory. Monitors fleet parts budget; tracks parts usage and expenditures. 100%
- Assists and prepares standards and specifications of bids for products, supplies and services from outside vendors. 10%
- Responds to inquiries from internal & external clients regarding parts status, light vehicle repair scheduling, and repair status and respond to quality control issues. 10%
- Responsible for clear and accurate issuance of parts, parts identification and compatibility with equipment, timely receiving of parts, quality control and parts reliability. Develops vendor performance measures. 100%
- Organize storage areas for efficient, clean, logical and safe storage of all parts and supplies. 100%
- Prepares and maintains a variety of logs, records and reports. 10%
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials safely and reports potentially unsafe conditions. 100%
- Serves the community by demonstrating Eagle County Government mission and core values and following relevant policies and procedures. 100%
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
- Three (3) years of automotive parts management experience; or, any combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Five (5) years of experience is highly preferred.
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record.
- ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Parts Specialist Automotive Certification and the Service Consultant Automotive Certification is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and can work without supervision and begin projects independently.
- Ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of automotive and heavy equipment parts and their uses.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to be courteous of fellow managers, employees, citizens, and vendors while conducting business.
- Possess knowledge of safety hazards and necessary safety precautions and/or the ability to use good judgment to be able to establish a safe work environment for self and others.
- Ability to lift and carry moderately heavy materials, supplies and equipment (25-50 lbs.) frequently; and heavy materials, supplies and equipment (50-100 lbs.) occasionally.
- Understanding and skill of the safe operation of a forklift and warehouse equipment.
- Knowledge of warehouse safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure and with strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of methods, procedures, and materials common to repair and service diesel, gasoline and alternative fuel-powered vehicles and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret parts and supply manuals.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate control, inventory, and usage records.
- Ability to inspect materials, supplies and automotive parts for compliance with requests and specifications.
- Skill in developing and implementing policies and procedures related to work assignments.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computerized inventory and CCG/FASTER
- Fleet Management software systems.
- Knowledge of specific sources of parts, supplies and materials. Knowledge of ordering, receipt, handling, storage, inventory and disbursement of a wide variety of materials, supplies, and automotive parts.
Culture & Benefits
Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the mountains. ‘Your Career will Soar with Eagle County’. Get started with us today!
- Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022? Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness. Check out more awards here.
- Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550 employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All.
- Learning organization focused on professional development opportunities,
- FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement.
- Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing, climate change and more.
As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Great benefits! See the details
- Comprehensive and low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance (as low as $75/month for employee only)
- Wellness program where you can earn cash or extra days off
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off (starting at 12 days) and additional medical leave
- Paid volunteer hours
- 6% (dollar for dollar match) retirement plan
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Bilingual Pay Incentive
- Free bus pass and more
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.