Housing Maintenance Tech I – $3000 Bonus!
Salary: $24.00 - $27.73
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 26, 2023
Hiring Range: $24 – $27.73. The maximum pay for this position is $33.27.
Bonus Available: $1500 sign-on bonus, paid out on employee’s first paycheck & up to $1500 retention bonus, paid out after 6 months of employment, based on attendance and performance.
Promotion by Progression: Eagle County Government supports “promotion by progression.” There will be opportunities to be promoted to a “Maintenance Tech II” or higher levels with additional pay, depending on the employee’s knowledge, skills and abilities.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the day-to-day on-site maintenance operation of the residential properties owned and managed by the Eagle County Housing and Development Authority, to include community partners, future acquisitions and partnerships. This position performs routine interior, exterior and ground maintenance, repairs, and improvements for a portfolio of affordable housing properties in accordance with the department’s operating principles, goals, and resident commitment for excellent customer service.
The Maintenance Technician ensures properties are kept in good repair, while working closely with contractors on maintenance and improvements. This position has a high level of responsibility for a growing number of properties and requires this position to have a highly skilled level of expertise, in a variety of locations.
Location: Riverview Apartments, and Eagle-Vail Metro District Fire House with future acquisitions or partnerships.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm, with occasional nights and weekends in on call or emergency
Regional Property Maintenance (60%)
- Maintenance of a routine nature, unit turnovers, exterior and grounds maintenance on all properties.
- Communicates with general contractors and service contractors ensuring work is completed to the highest standards.
- Resolves tenant and public complaints, investigates disturbances and violations, and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Observes and reports suspicious activities or possible criminal activity to the appropriate law enforcement authorities to ensure the safety of tenants and property.
- Landscaping and grounds maintenance, snow removal, exterior building maintenance and other long-term preventative maintenance tasks as assigned.
Program Compliance (25%)
- Compliance on unit inspections, improvements, and capital improvement projects.
- Ensures properties are kept in good repair while providing the highest level of service to tenants, neighbors, and financial partners.
- Execute turnovers in under two weeks enabling units to be re-rented quickly with a focus on limiting vacancy loss.
Emergency Management (15%)
- Emergency Management response, collaboration with vendors, repairs and on-call duties as necessary. Contacts vendors as necessary to complete repairs within budgetary constraints.
- Contacts vendors as necessary to complete repairs within budgetary constraints.
- Works closely with management for major emergencies with and solution-based plans for minor repairs.
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials safely and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Serves the community by demonstrating Eagle County Government mission and core values and following relevant policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
- Two years of related experience or any equivalent combinations of education and experience that produces the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities for the position.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle check
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Solid knowledge of maintenance and property care fundamentals.
- Knowledge and/or experience with building systems such as plumbing, electrical and HVAC strongly preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Painting and/or drywall experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English is required. Ability to speak and understand Spanish is preferred
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of people and provide excellent customer service
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently is required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to perform inspections and maintenance of properties, which includes inspections of 2nd and 3rd floor units, roofs, and crawl spaces.
Culture & Benefits
Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the mountains. ‘Your Career will Soar with Eagle County’. Get started with us today!
- Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022? Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness. Check out more awards here.
- Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550 employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All.
- Learning organization focused on professional development opportunities, FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement.
- Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing, climate change and more.
- As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Great benefits! See the details
- Comprehensive and low-cost medical, dental, and vision insurance (as low as $75/month for employee only)
- Wellness program where you can earn cash or extra days off
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off (starting at 12 days) and additional medical leave
- Paid volunteer hours
- 6% (dollar for dollar match) retirement plan
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Bilingual Pay Incentive
- Free bus pass and more
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Relocation & Housing Information