On-Call Snow Removal Tech – Eagle County Airport – Seasonal – $25+, $3000 Bonus and housing may be available! – No Experience Necessary!
Salary: Salary: $25- $29 per hour+, $24+ daily on-call stipend & Up to $3000 Bonus
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 18, 2022
Salary: $25-$29 per hour+, $24+ daily on-call stipend & Up to $2500 Bonus The Seasonal Snow Removal Tech work as part of a team, operating various snow removal equipment, to remove snow from the airside and landside areas at the Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE). *Housing may be available. If interested in housing, please inquire during the interview process. Daily On-call Stipend: Weekday – $24/day, Weekend – $36/day and Holiday – $50/day. Bonus: $1500 Bonus paid on January 27, 2023 & up to $1500 End of Season Bonus based on performance and attendance. Schedule: Schedule: On-Call pay starts November 1, 2022 through March 31, 2023. Work may be available at an hourly rate in October and April. Mandatory Training on equipment, Snow & Ice Control Plan, and Airport familiarization will be conducted in October and November each season. On-call shifts include 3am-3:30pm or 1pm-1:30am. An incentive program has been established to ensure EGE has a dedicated and reliable crew of Snow Removal Technicians in place to respond to the Airport when called to assist in maintaining the utmost level of safety for all Airport users. Essential Functions
- Performs snow removal duties on the airside and landside
- Participates in building and equipment maintenance (including mandatory bristle changes) and the operation of heavy equipment.
- Develops and maintains beneficial relationships with airport staff, tenants, concessionaires, and airport users.
- May assist with miscellaneous airport duties including but not limited to, bagland assistance, refilling ice removal totes, and ice removal.
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials safely and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Serves the community by demonstrating Eagle County Government mission and core values and following relevant policies and procedures. (5%)
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
- A High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Heavy equipment operation or snow removal operations experience at an airport is preferred.
- Must possess valid driver’s license with a satisfactory motor vehicle record without restrictions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must successfully pass a 10 year background criminal history records check in accordance with TSR, Part 1542 and maintain eligibility for FAA and TSA-mandated security clearance requirements.
- Heavy vehicle operation and maintenance knowledge preferred
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively be a part of a snow removal team in high stress situations.
- Strong verbal and listening communication skills.
- Be able to use a radio and communicate effectively.
- Act reasonably and quickly. Exercises good judgment that results in appropriate actions and resolution to operational situations.
- Read, comprehend and interpret rules and regulations. Concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, tenants, and other governmental agencies and departments, the community, airport users, and the traveling public.
- Lift and carry moderately heavy materials, supplies, and equipment (25-50 lbs.) frequently, 50-100 lbs. occasionally; requires continued walking, stooping, standing, and some climbing.
- Work is typically performed outdoors.
Culture & Benefits Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the mountains. ‘Your Career will Soar with Eagle County’. Get started with us today! Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022? Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness. Check out more awards here. Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550 employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All. Learning organization focused on professional development opportunities, FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement. Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing, climate change and more. As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides. Benefits for Seasonal Employees! See the details
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition discount program
- Free bus pass and more
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Relocation & Housing Information
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses