Seasonal Transit Fleet Detailer – $21+, $4000 Bonus & Housing!
Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 30, 2022
Applications have closed
Hiring Range: $21-$23 & up to $4000 in bonuses!
The Transit Vehicle Detailer provides support to ECO Transit by performing a variety of duties in the cleaning, servicing and moving of transit vehicles and equipment. Performs emergency janitorial and building maintenance duties in bus wash as assigned or needed. The work will be primarily performed during evening, night and early morning hours.
Bonus: Up to $4000 in bonuses available: $1500 sign-on bonus, paid out after 30 days and 80 hours of work following training, $1000 bonus for valid CDL Class B, Passenger & Air Brake endorsement and $1500 End of Season Bonus!
*Housing may be available!
Schedule: Friday-Monday 4:30 pm – 3:00 am
- Performs routine servicing, fueling, cleaning and washing of buses and automotive equipment. Assists mechanics as necessary.
- Cleans interiors of buses both by hand and with pressurized and power equipment, including floors, walls, mirrors, ceilings, carpet and upholstery.
- Removes and replaces revenue vaults from fare buses at the end of a driver’s shift.
- Responsible for the prompt pull-out of assigned vehicles and stacking of buses for the next morning’s shifts.
- Operates and parks buses and automotive equipment, both inside and outside of the maintenance facility.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly manner.
- Provides Transit & Trails Supervisor with routine email correspondence about supplies, equipment issues, and other work related tools and tasks.
- Performs janitorial and building maintenance duties as assigned or needed
- Records mileage, fuel and fluid usage. Checks and refills multiple types of fluids daily and records quantities.
- Observes safety and security procedures, uses equipment and materials safely and reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Serves the community by demonstrating Eagle County Government mission and core values and following relevant policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification, or Registration:
- At least 1 year of related work experience required, or, any combination of education and experience which produces the required knowledge, skills, and abilities – preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory motor vehicle record. Ability to pass and maintain a CDL Class B license upon hire or within 6 months of hire date required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to perform principles and procedures common to routine bus/automotive washing, fueling and servicing.
- Ability to safely operate light- and medium-duty trucks, heavy-duty buses and forklifts.
- Communicates effectively with other employees.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Must be able to lift and carry moderately heavy materials, supplies, and equipment (15-44lbs) frequently. Ability to lift heavy materials, supplies, and equipment (50-75lbs) occasionally.
- Requires continued walking, stooping, standing, crawling, crouching, and some climbing; sometimes on narrow or slippery surfaces. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; and to reach with hands and arms.
- Basic office equipment skills, including phone, copier, word processing, e-mail.
- Provides excellent customer service, both internally and externally in a tactful, clear and courteous manner while striving to exceed customer expectations; remains calm and focused in stressful and sometimes challenging situations.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or the situation requires it
Culture & Benefits
Working in local government is one of the best career paths in the mountains. ‘Your Career will Soar with Eagle County’. Get started with us today!
- Why is Eagle County recognized as a Best Place to Work in 2022? Culture of flexibility and support for mental health / wellness. Check out more awards here.
- Purpose! A modern, values-driven workplace with more than 550 employees embracing a welcoming culture, supportive leaders and an organization focused on our mission: Creating a Better Eagle County for All.
- Learning organization focused on professional development opportunities, FREE CMC classes and Tuition reimbursement.
- Future focused with our Strategic Plan on improving housing, climate change and more.
- As a certified healthy workplace, our culture recognizes the importance of individual needs and enjoying life outside of work. Other perks may include flexible work arrangements, paid volunteer time, and daytime fitness classes/bike rides.
Great benefits! See the details
- Free classes at Colorado Mountain College
- Eagle County University classes (internal trainings)
- Tuition reimbursement programs
- Bilingual Pay Incentive
- Free bus pass and more
Eagle County is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is essential for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.