Water Conservation Supervisor
Salary: $85,176 - $119,267
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted February 2, 2023
Applications have closed
In addition to supplying safe and healthy drinking water and wastewater services to our community, it is also our job to ensure and protect our watershed and the future of our water supply. That’s where you come in! The Water Conservation Supervisor will provide daily leadership to the water conservation team and will engage with our community members to have a positive impact on their water use and knowledge. You will collaborate with stakeholders to enhance and implement programs that address water use for existing customers, new development, and re-development. The ideal candidate is technology and data savvy, has great communication skills and cares about water use in our community.
Why work for us? The work you will do as a Water Conservation Supervisor will allow you to make a real difference in creating a sustainable future for the community where we live, work and play. In addition, we offer excellent health benefits, housing program, and ample opportunities for training and development.
The Day to Day
- Directs and coordinates ongoing work within the water conservation team.
- Collaborates with other departments to accomplish goals such as creating a rate structure that aligns with water conservation goals, create and update outgoing communications and implementing Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI).
- Supervises, trains, instructs, and evaluates the work of assigned staff. Provides or coordinates ongoing development and continuous improvement of the team.
- Coordinates with other government entities and Land Use Authorities to achieve conservation goals and objectives through education/outreach, data analysis, landscaping and land use guidance documents, ordinances, and Qualified Water Efficient Landscaper trainings.
- Develops a communication plan to interact directly with customers, HOAs, landscapers, public agencies through concierge services, our website, brochures, WaterSmart customer portal, mailings, presentations, community events, individual contact, etc.
- Utilizes programs such as CIS Infinity, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), and WaterSmart to ensure development infrastructure is designed to be water efficient.
- Supports Customer Service Specialists with the creation of tools such as scripts/talking points, charts, and customer portal training to assist in customer education around water conservation.
- Provides tools, resources, and direct assistance to customers to empower them to manage their water use.
- Analyzes and report metrics on adoption and effectiveness of program components to Management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Competencies & Qualifications
- Supervision: Ability to plan, organize, supervise, and participate in the activities and work of the Water Conservation Program. This role will supervise a team of two as well as a seasonal Water Conservation intern.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in the environmental science, conservation, biological science, data analysis or related fields or any combination of experience and training that would provide the required knowledge and abilities.
- Language Skills: Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Demonstrated public speaking skills required, including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, Board of Directors, clients, customers, and the public.
- Research: Knowledge of methods and techniques of research, data collection and analysis. Preparation and maintenance of reports, records, and files. Knowledge of data cleansing, data analysis and breaking down the data into communication summations. Ability to coordinate and manage the design, programming, implementation of data necessary for communication and understanding our customers behavior and trends.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Ability to manipulate and evaluate large data sets to make data-driven decisions. Must demonstrate critical problem-solving skills, ability to utilize business intelligence systems and manipulate Excel spreadsheets. Utilize a variety of computer applications including Microsoft Suite, Power BI and CIS Infinity.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s license within 30 days of full-time employment and be insurable under District’s standards. Must obtain CPR/First Aid Certification within the first six (6) months of employment.
The pay range for this role is $85,176.00 – $119,267.20. Starting salary depends on qualifications but generally falls within the minimum and midpoint of the pay range.
At ERWSD, we value life-work balance and are leaders in the industry with our holistic benefits package, which includes but is not limited to:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Employee housing or $361 monthly housing stipend
- Wellness program
- Retirement savings plans (414h and 457)
- 13.5 Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Comp Time
- Relocation Assistance (if applicable)
- $500 Annual Recreation Benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Loan programs for: Ski Passes, Electrical Vehicles, and Computers
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check. For a full position description, email email@example.com
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org by February 12, 2023.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses