Annual Giving Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 2, 2022
This position has been filled
Would you like to work with an organization that is recognized for community impact? Join our team at Eagle Valley Community Foundation! The Annual Giving Manager is responsible for implementing strategies and tactics related to grassroots and annual individual donors, supporting special events and donor cultivation events, and supporting other giving strategies and functions of the Eagle Valley Community Foundation. This position is responsible for planning and implementing strategies and practices that nurture, solicit, and steward existing and prospective donors, both through individual giving and in some instances corporate and foundation gifts. The individual will represent the Eagle Valley Community Foundation to various external constituencies and have personal objectives for raising gifts related to individual giving. Schedule: Monday-Friday 9AM-5PM. Flexible work arrangements and remote work available. Some evening and weekend work commitments should be expected.
- Develop and implement core grassroots & annual giving strategies with the goal of increasing grassroots and annual giving donor support by 15%.
- Increase donor retention through donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Develop, implement and manage direct mail and digital appeals develop a strategy as it relates to year-end giving and Colorado Gives Day.
- Work with the Executive Director and DODM to establish annual fundraising campaigns that support various donor demographics (i.e. Friends and Family Campaigns, Monthly Giving Campaigns etc.).
- Build a donor pipeline, identify key annual donor prospects on a quarterly basis and develop a plan for cultivation and donor acquisition, and create a process for tracking relationship and communication statuses with individual donor prospects. Donor Levels – Donor under $1,000/Annual Donor $1,000-$9,999/Major +$10,000.
- Develop new strategies to steward and cultivate existing and new donors, including but not limited to: creating a donor welcome packet, creating and sending out personalized communications to donors throughout the course of the year, and creating and sending bi-annual stewardship reports to donors.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to develop timely and personalized communications, appeals, and stewardship pieces for donors and prospects.
- Develop, promote and manage Monthly Giving Program through online giving and monthly giving campaigns.
- Schedule and manage program visits/tours with donors and ensure good communication across all parts of the organization.
Special Events (20%)
- Work in conjunction with the ED (Executive Director) and DODM (Director of Development & Marketing) to schedule, plan and implement successful cultivation events throughout the course of the year.
- Work with the ED and DODM/ Consultants to organize logistics, solicit sponsors, and involve donors and stakeholders in signature events.
- Take the lead on organizing and executing 3rd Party events with community partners.
- Assist in updating and developing sponsorship packages including letters and applications as necessary.
- Assist in solicitation of assigned target prospects and accounts in conjunction with special events.
- Oversee and maintain fiscal sponsorships, donor advised and grant making funds.
- Start and maintain good relationships with donors and sponsors. Maintain complete donor records.
- Work in partnership with the Office Manager to maintain Bloomerang database, and ensure the accuracy, consistency, and integrity of all information stored.
- Work in partnership with the Office Manager to provide support of gift entry and acknowledgments in a timely manner, particularly during high gift volume times.
- Generate financial reports, mailing lists, and donor lists.
- Attend scheduled EVCF staff and leadership meetings.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- Two to five years’ professional experience required.
- At least two years working in a fundraising environment is preferred.
- Good knowledge of computer systems and databases, knowledge of Bloomerang and donor solicitation and development experience.
- Candidates should have a proven and successful track record of individual gift fundraising, direct mail campaigns, and fundraising and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Word processing and spreadsheet knowledge is required.
- Applicants should possess a strong command of the English language with the ability to compose, edit and proof individual donor proposals, grant proposals, and direct mail appeals.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans
- Flexible Time Off, and sick time
- Professional development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- Merchant Pass / End of the Year Incentive
- Employee Assistance Program
- 12 paid holidays
- Affordable Employee Housing
How to Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter & resume to Virginia Lecea at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eagle Valley Community Foundations is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Working in a diverse, respectful and inclusive environment is critical for our employees to be successful in serving our community. We do not discriminate with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Come join our team!
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass