Assistant General Manager – Falcon Point
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000 DOE + Annual Bonus
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 4, 2022
Applications have closed
Join our team at Falcon Point, managed by East West Hospitality.
Falcon Point Resort is a 58-unit Vacation Ownership property situated on the banks of Nottingham Lake in Avon, CO.
We are looking for an Assistant General Manager to support the General Manager in ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the resort.
If you have at least three years of full service, leadership experience, we would love to meet you!
Oversee Front Desk
- Responsible for the effortless and seamless movement of guests in and out of the resort, providing exceptional levels of guest service through the guests’ stay from the point of reservation to the final billing process.
- Oversee guest registration, issue of room keys, provide information, process payments, and all guest room-move requests
- Manage Front Desk team: train, motivate, develop, coach, counsel, resolve problems, provide open communication, and discipline as appropriate
- Lead by example, build morale, and help maintain the highest standards of excellence in Vacation Ownership amongst the employees
- Assign and instruct the front desk team daily tasks, observe performance and encourage adherence to standard procedures
- Assist the Front Desk team with resolving guest issues and requests
- Create and review weekly front desk schedules to ensure proper staffing levels in order to maintain guest service goals
- Adhere to an annual labor budget and staff schedule according to budget.
- Reduce/add staff based on business levels
- Assist with job postings, interview and hire for Front Desk Agents
- Perform annual reviews for front desk staff
- Ensure Front Desk coordinates activities with other departments.
- Maintain excellent communication and relationship with the housekeeping and maintenance departments.
- Coordinate with the GM on the overall execution of front desk
- Assist GM with quarterly Board of Directors meetings
- Assist GM with coding and paying invoices in a timely manner, along with other office duties
- Coordinate with the GM on all guest activities, including breakfast, BBQ and other activities throughout the year
- Be visible to guests by working at front desk, at activities, in lobby, etc. in addition to office hours
- Acts as the Manager on Duty when necessary and carries out the duties required of a manager when the General Manager is not present.
- Responsible for communicating, coordinating, and supervising all departments when GM is absent (extended leave, sickness, vacation)
- Respond to guest requests, serving as the primary contact for guests wishing to speak with management about their stay. Respond to, investigate, and resolve guest concerns and complaints with a consistently positive demeanor in difficult situations. Provide professional written responses to guest comments/surveys as follow up after departure
- On-Call, as schedule dictates
- Obtain a Real Estate License, sponsored by the company after an initial onboarding period
- Once licensed, act as on-site broker for Falcon Point’s real estate program, managing listings and selling timeshare intervals
- Location: Falcon Point – Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $60,000 – $65,000 DOE + Annual Bonus
Schedule: Varies depending on business demand, includes nights, weekends and holidays
- At least three years experience in hospitality or customer service required
- Prior leadership experience in hospitality preferred
- Active Colorado Real Estate License or the ability to obtain license within the first 6 months (sponsored by East West.)
- Four-year college degree preferred but not required
- Demonstrated effectiveness in guest contact and problem resolution skills
- Must be comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities and promote a team atmosphere – considerate, mature, responsible
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally with owners, guests, board members, and public
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Microsoft Office. RDP Reservations System preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Onsite parking
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Health Insurance – Choose from multiple plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Winter Incentive Program
- 401(K) Plan with Employer Match
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Membership at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces & Venture Sports
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
We believe that being unique is powerful.
We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass