Human Resources Generalist
Salary: $27 - $30 / hour
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 20, 2023
Do you enjoy a fun, fast-paced environment where you can contribute and learn everyday? Then you will love joining our team! We are looking to fill an immediate opening on the corporate East West HR team for a Human Resources Generalist.
We pride ourselves on being the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, and we are looking for a Human Resources Generalist that can support the HR function as we continue to strive towards this goal. If you have HR experience, or guest service and administrative experience, we would love to meet you!
This position provides the opportunity to work in a variety of HR areas, including Recruiting, Onboarding, Employee Recognition, Training, Worker’s Compensation, Employee Experience Programming, and general employment issues. This is a great opportunity to continue to grow in your HR knowledge and collaborate on innovative ideas and projects within a highly regarded, local company. The HR Generalist supports the general operation of the Human Resources office for the East West Family of Companies, including East West Hospitality, East West Partners, & Slifer Smith, & Frampton, in various locations throughout CO, SC, and HI.
Position is based at the East West Hospitality HR office in Avon, CO.
- Provides HR support for select operations and businesses including recruiting, onboarding, recognition programs, processes, initiatives, surveys, and more.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of all HR paperwork, including new hire paperwork, E-Verify, and background checks.
- Answers questions and responds to inquiries from applicants, employees and managers regarding their employment with East West Family of Companies, and its policies and procedures.
- Maintains employee files, conducts audits, and responds to verifications of employment.
- Manages workers compensation program, unemployment claims, and partners with Benefits department on FMLA/leaves of absence.
- Responsible for recruiting administration, including job postings, in ATS or in online advertising locations.
- Responsible for administration of all Family of Companies employee experience programming. Programming includes, but is not limited to, onboarding, performance reviews, engagement surveys, succession planning, employee recognition, and more.
- Will play a key role in acquisitions as EWH brings on new properties, including all onboarding paperwork, offer letters, welcome presentations, welcome materials, employee support and change management.
- May be required to travel to new properties for a finite period of time to complete onboarding and / or support training efforts.
- If bilingual, communicates and assists our Spanish speaking applicants and employees in all of the above.
Location: Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $27 – $30 / hour DOE
Schedule: Typically Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm. Some weekend/evening hours may be necessary for special events. Minimal travel may be required.
- 1-3 years related experience and / or training in most or all of the above functions preferred.
- General Human Resources experience in a hospitality or similar industry preferred.
- Guest service and office administrative experience strongly preferred
Fluency (written and verbal) in English is required; Spanish proficiency is preferred.
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical procedures, employment laws and company policies and procedures. Ability to correspond articulately in written and verbal form. Effectively present information and respond to questions from applicants, associates, managers, guests and the general public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and the ability to learn additional systems. HR systems currently include UKG, Cornerstone, Cadient.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Insurance – Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, Accident, Life & Pet Insurance
- $1000 Wellness Bonus/ Year
- Onsite Parking
- 401(K) Plan with discretionary Employer Match
- Paid Time Off & Paid Sick Time
- Volunteer Pay – 8 hours of volunteer hours per year paid
- Discounts at Marriott properties worldwide
- 20% Discount on the broker commission for real estate deals through SSF
- Discounts at Eye Pieces
- PerkSpot Discounts – shopping discounts
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West Hospitality:
At East West Hospitality our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
We believe that being unique is powerful.
We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West Hospitality at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses
- Ski Pass