Salary: $25-37 per hour
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Mammoth, CA
Publish Date: Posted January 20, 2023
Mammoth Disposal, a Waste Connections company, has an immediate opening for a Diesel Mechanic to work on our fleet in Mammoth Lakes, CA. Mechanics interested in secure, steady employment are encouraged to apply. This is a full time, year round opportunity with overtime and great family benefits!
The schedule will be Monday through Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Wages will start around $35/hour, depending on experience. The pay range for this job category is $25-37 per hour.
- Repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Inspects equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
- Performs required safety protocols while working on vehicles.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off