Museum & Program Director
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Summit, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 6, 2023
Applications have closed
The Museum & Program Director is a highly creative role responsible for programming and operational management of all Mountain Top Explorium programs and museum exhibits. This includes overseeing staffing (hiring, training, scheduling, and performance), risk management, curriculum, and customer experience for all programming and museum exhibits. Programming includes Summer Day Camp, Kids Night Out, Membership Programs, After School, and School Break programs. A successful candidate understands and has the ability to identify and solve complex problems. Spanish speaking ability is strongly preferred.
Curriculum, Classrooms, and Programming
- Manage and direct Explorium programs according to the Mountain Top Explorium mission statement and vision;
- Develop curriculum for all programs and supervise implementation and program quality;
- Serve as the Manager on Duty in collaboration with the executive director for all programs;
- Serve as program facilitator and educator as needed.
- Oversee all current exhibits including maintenance and educational aspects;
- Develop new exhibits for the museum and outreach programs;
- Manage all aspects of museum store;
- All staff management associated with the museum including hiring, training, evaluation, and staff scheduling;
- Serve as the Manager on Duty in collaboration with the executive director for the museum.
- Support the all marketing and development goals;
Execute and work within the approved budget under the direction of the executive director and board of directors;
- Support all human resource activities for the Mountain Top Explorium;
Support all program enrollment and registration needs to ensure a high level of customer experience with all students, families, and Explorium constituents;
- Refine and enforce Mountain Top Explorium’s safety policies, state licensing and other risk management practices to ensure the safety of students, guests, and staff;
- Assist in the executive director in the creation of reports for all aspects of the organization including the board, and fundraising initiatives
- Maintain staff by recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating staff as needed;
- Develops schedules, assigning and monitoring work, implementing productivity standards, resolving operations problems and implementing new procedures;
- Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action;
- Assist in covering for absent or other staff vacancies.
Program Customer Experience
- Coordinate the registration process for all programs utilizing a variety of registration software programs;
- Respond to a variety of parent/guardian questions through email, phone, or other communication channels;
- Oversee the pre/post communication process for all programs which includes the drafting of emails and other correspondence to help prepare campers and families for their programs;
- Oversee the accounts receivable for all programs;
- Perform routine updates to the website to ensure program expectations for all programs.
- Education / Training
- Paid Time Off