Salary: $65,000 - $85,000 DOE
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 13, 2022
Responsible for the preparation of schematic, conceptual and final estimate. Represents the Company in business relationships and working with owners, architects, designers and subcontractors to resolve technical matters during bidding process.
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1) Prepares detailed estimates based on the analysis of proposal specifications, drawings, historical data and subcontractor proposals, as well as information from pre-bid meetings. Estimates will use take off’s and quantity surveys as appropriate.
2) Prepares detailed take off’s and quantity surveys.
3) Responsible for maintaining and updating estimates based on updated design documents. Responsible for tracking cost variance from previous estimates.
4) Provides value engineering as required and makes recommendations to Preconstruction Director and Managers.
5) Daily attendance is required.
SECONDARY ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1) Manage and maintain working documents for back up information for estimating figures.
2) Assist department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids.
3) Responsible for scope analysis of subcontractor proposals.
4) Obtain subcontractor and supplier input on project schedule.
5) Responsible for researching and prequalifying vendors and subcontractors.
OTHER TASKS/DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES/EXPECTATIONS :
Perform additional assignments as directed by Director of Preconstruction or Preconstruction Managers
Perform project management duties as assigned
Works primarily under the general supervision of the Director of Preconstruction and Preconstruction Manager.
1) Thorough knowledge of estimating techniques, cost control and material pricing
2) Thorough knowledge of construction means and methods
Skills and Abilities:
1) Ability to work with variety of people
2) Excellent communication skills
3) Attention to detail
4) Excellent mathematical skills
5) Highly organized
6) Problem solving skills
7) Ability to work with tight deadlines and timetables
8) Ability to work with constant interruptions
9) Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications
1) Associates degree or equivalent combination of technical training and/or related
1) 3+ years estimating and/or field experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1) Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires hand-eye coordination
and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other
2) Requires manual dexterity to operate computer, keyboard, calculator, copier machine and other office
3) Requires hearing within normal range for telephone use.
4) Occasional high stress work in dealing with customers/clients.
5) Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people.
6) Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this person.
7) Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner.
8) Must have a long attention span in order to listen to people, perceive the real problems and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
9) Requires excellent public relations and interpersonal skills. Must be able to make effective decisions in manager’s absence.
10) Ability to give, receive and analyze information, formulate work plans, prepare written materials and
articulate goals and action plans. Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively with them.
11) Ability and desire to meet estimating deadlines by managing own time under sometimes difficult circumstances.
12) Job requires visitation and/or work at offices, client or job sites, so must be able to drive or to use alternative transportation services to assure timely attendance for such work visits.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
On-Screen Take Off (OST)
Bid Solution Software (ISQFT)
Contract Management Software
Asta Scheduling Software
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly