Sonnenalp Club Director of Food & Beverage
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 10, 2023
The Sonnenalp Club is seeking a Food and Beverage Director to run all aspects of Harvest Restaurant.
- 10% Bonus potential
- Deferred compensation plan
Typical Schedule: Full Time Year-Round, PM Dinner shift open & close required in winter, mix of Lunch & Dinner shift in summer. Must be available as needed for special events. Weekends and Holidays are required.
Primary Purpose of Position:
For all aspects of Harvest restaurant and banquet operations including Harvest Restaurant, Food Truck, and Sonnenalp Club Special Events. Acts as the ‘face of the restaurant’ for Members and other restaurant guests. Responsible for leading restaurant and event operations in a manner sufficient to achieve budgeted financial goals. The Harvest General Manager is an advocate and ambassador for Sonnenalp service and understands the critical role that Membership and exceeding expectations plays in the success of the operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee management of the club Food & Beverage operations, to include kitchen and front of house team.
- Work hand in hand with the Head Chef to create a food and beverage experience that exceeds Member and guest expectations.
- Create and build strong relationships with Members, guests, staff, prospective special event guests, and purveyors.
- Continually troubleshoot the front and back of the house with the for any challenges, help pursue resolutions in conjunction with Head Chef solutions, and follow up to ensure success.
- Effective management (hiring, training & development, coaching, performance management) of all employees as needed to provide open lines of communication and up to date feedback.
- Responsible for conducting daily and weekly staff meetings.
Supervise staff during the shift to ensure greatest guest satisfaction; points of service, attention to detail, etc.
- Ensure consistent superior service and food quality in line with established service standards through continuous training and coaching.
- Act as host, expeditor, busser any position necessary to ensure the restaurant is running at its best potential
- Check in with members/guests during service to ensure satisfaction and promptly respond to any complains or concerns.
- Utilize guest feedback tools to improve Member satisfactions and operations, to include secret shops and annual member survey.
- Create and manage system for ordering, controlling, and managing of all non-food inventories to include liquor, beer, wine, and bar supplies.
- Ensure all banking duties and daily accounting responsibilities are performed.
- Super user expert in all computer aspects of office (Open table, IBS, office computers and their programs).
- Maintain reservation system.
- Manage and create Harvest operating budget and ensure labor is in line with OnTrack established standards.
- Manage labor on a weekly and sometimes daily basis through timely submission of forecasting and scheduling using OnTrack. Manage payroll effectively through timely submission of tips, timesheet edits and approvals using ADP.
- Promote restaurant for regular business and special events.
- Coordinate with sales team to ensure effective execution of special events.
- Manage event billing from invoice to final collection.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Degree in Business or Restaurant Management preferred
- Minimum 3 years of restaurant management experience required
- Banquet event management experience preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of restaurant serving, or bartending experience required, ideally in a resort/club setting
- Strong wine and liquor knowledge
- Strong computer skills required
- Strong organizational skills required
- TIPS certification
- Prior experience with POS systems
- Efficient with computers, Microsoft Office, and web-based systems
- Ability to work under minimal supervision; self-motivated & self-starter
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills; ability to manage and complete priorities and workflow, be detail-oriented, and work with a sense of urgency.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand and walk full length shifts, up to 12 hours at a time
- Able to preform various activities such as standing, walking, frequent bending, reaching, kneeling and squatting
- Position primarily performed indoors assisting varioty of guests
- Routinely handle objects weighing up to 15 lbs and on occasion may be expected to lift objects weighing up to 50 lbs
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Sick Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- House Account
- Healthy Lifestyle Winter Benefit
- Sonnenalp Hotel Discounts
- Use of the Golf Course and Fitness Center
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the position and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses
- Ski Pass