Salary: $57,000 - $60,000/year plus 10% bonus potential
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted February 18, 2023
Applications have closed
The Sonnenalp is hiring an Operations Manager for our One Willow Bridge Road (OWBR) private residence property.
Wage: $57,000 – $60,000/year plus 10% bonus potential
Typical Schedule: Shifts vary; typically 12-8pm. Weekends & Holidays required.
Primary Purpose of Position
To train and supervise staff, to provide services to guests above and beyond their expectations. To act in the absence and as a support of the One Willow Bridge Road management team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in Hiring, Supervision and Training of OWBR Guest Service Agent, Overnight security, and Bell staff and Housekeeping staff.
- Obtain and exhibit extensive knowledge of both SMS property management systems and all other computer systems used at One Willow Bridge Road.
- Handle all guest complaints and problems in a positive and professional manner. Communicate problems to OWBR General Manager and utilize HotSOS for complaint tracking purposes.
- Assist in any area of the hotel that is under pressure to ensure that guests and or owners are provided prompt and highest quality service.
- Review arrival listings paying close attention to any special requests of the owners and guests.
- Brief entire staff daily on owner and guest arrivals, special requests, events in the hotel and village, etc.
- Monitor employee performance and report to the OWBR General Manager. Counsel and discipline staff in the event of behavioral issues.
- Supervise schedule and payroll for all employees.
- Ensure there are no check outs with balances before the end of the shift.
- Provide guidance and leadership to the staff.
- Assist with the breakfast buffet set up, après-ski set up, welcome party set up and private owner functions and activities.
- Assist with all administrative or sales tasks as assigned by the OWBR GM or AGM
- Communicate with Housekeeping and Maintenance regarding any issues that would involve these departments. Follows up to insure requests are getting done in a timely fashion and utilize HotSOS for communication of maintenance work orders
- Other duties as assigned by the OWBR General Manager
- Minimum of 5 years hotel experience, including front office experience and housekeeping experience.
- Prior supervisory or management experience required.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license with a clean driving record required.
- Prior experience with Lodging Software
- Efficient with computers, MS Office and web-based systems
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work under pressure with a demanding clientele.
- Detail oriented, organized, enthusiastic.
- Able to work with cash and basic accounting principles.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit or stand for duration of shift.
- Ability to walk throughout the property to various departments.
- Ability to type and view information on a computer screen.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions.
- Ability to speak over the phone.
- Ability to lift up to 10lbs and occasionally 50lbs.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Resort Discounts
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off and Sick Pay
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Roth 401(k)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parking Credit or Discounted Bus Passes
- Healthy Lifestyle Winter Benefit
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass