Salary: $70,000 - $85,000 plus 10% annual bonus potential
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 26, 2022
This position has been filled
Wage: $70,000 – $85,000 plus 10% annual bonus potential
Responsible for managing and supervising all areas of the spa, including its programs, services, hours of operation, facilities and staff. Coordinates the delivery of spa services, including salon, skin care, fitness and wellness, massage, program coordinating, reservations, reception desk and locker room areas. As a department head, directs and works with the management team and hourly employees to successfully execute all spa operations. Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing Spa Operations and Budgets
- Prepares and controls Spa budget.
- Selects vendors for spa retail operations and managing contract agreements.
- Oversees retail product research, product selection and purchasing, product display.
- Manages supply inventories and purchasing control.
- Monitors the spa’s actual and projected sales to ensure revenue goals are met or exceeded.
- Maintains cleanliness of spa and related areas and equipment.
- Assures proper maintenance and function of all fitness equipment.
- Managing Spa Sales and Marketing Strategy
- Creates and coordinates effective shoulder and off-season promotions.
- Develops and Manages spa promotions including gifting programs, gift with purchase, co-op marketing efforts and holiday events.
- Ensures spa services are included in all property-related marketing and advertising.
- Identifies and recommends new products and product enhancements to remain competitive in the market.
Managing Spa Revenue Management Strategy
- Monitors and Manages the payroll function.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing operating statements, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Manages Spa controllable expenses such guest amenities, linen expense, professional salon products, and other supplies to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Ensuring and Delivering Exceptional Customer Service
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifying excellent customer service, LHW standards and creating a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Reviews comment cards, HotSoS challenges / follow up and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Reviews findings with employees to develop appropriate corrective action, sharing plans with property leadership and ensuring corrective action is taken to continuously improve results.
- Interviews and hires all spa employees with the appropriate skills to meet the business needs of the operation.
- Develops, implements and maintains a Spa orientation program for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job. Likewise, continuous training should be a primary focus in coordination with the Training Committee and Training Manager in order to improve and maintain excellent guest comments and LHW scores.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for all spa employees.
Develops business goals and creates appropriate development plans.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensuring employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviewing employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Assures department participation in manager meetings, weekly marketing meeting, and assures participation of Training, Safety, Green Star, and Community Service Committees.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicates expectations, recognizing performance, and producing desired business results.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members.
Recommended Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel or Business Management, or equivalent experience required.
- English fluency required.
- Must have minimum two years experience in spa management position.
- Strong computer skills are necessary as well as strong organizational skills. In addition, excellent communication skills both written and verbal are required.
- Must be knowledgeable of operations in all other areas a resort.
- Job requires creativity, excellent people skills, as well as previous experience and planning and executing activity programs.
Typical Working Conditions:
Job requires high level of interaction with customers and employees, as well as other hotel departments. Flexibility to work long and varied hours. Typically works 5 days per week from 8am to 5pm. Needs to work on the weekend, holidays, and extended hours if needed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Resort Discounts
- Holiday Pay, Paid Time Off and Sick Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Roth 401(k)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Parking Credit or Discounted Bus Passes
- Healthy Lifestyle Winter Benefit
- Monthly House Account
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off