Maintenance Engineer Level I & II
Salary: $22.00 - $28.00/hour, DOE
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 12, 2023
The Sonnenalp is looking for a Full-time Year Round Maintenance Technician.
Wage: $22.00 – 28.00/hour, depending on experience
Typical Schedule: Monday – Sunday, Five 8 hours Shifts, 40 hours per week
Primary Purpose of Position: The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for assisting the guests and other staff in maintaining and repairing equipment and the building facilities, performing all Sonnenalp duties on a daily basis, and ensuring the satisfaction of our guests under the supervision of senior engineering staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete work orders assigned by Chief Engineer, Engineering Assistant, or other Engineering personnel or employees.
- Notify Chief Engineer, Engineering Assistant, or other qualified Engineer of the inability to complete tasks due to lack of parts, time, or training.
- Daily maintenance including daily rounds, checking and recording gauges and operation of boilers, water temperatures, circulating pumps, water, and electric meters, steam-boiler blow down, compressors, air handlers, assist in opening pools.
- Room maintenance including changing light bulbs, repairing light fixtures, locks, bathroom repairs (guest and public), making room and safe keys, and repairing doors and windows. TV, VCR, minibar, and safe repairs.
- Door, window handles, and locks including repair and adjustments on all doors, windows, and locks. Replacement of door locks, etc…
- Fire alarm and safety: Knowing and abiding by all Hotel safety and emergency procedures.
- Locate the problem area, assist Fire Department, and reset elevators. Maintenance shop and storerooms: Assist in cleaning and keeping the shop orderly.
- Keep tools in designated places.
- Inform the Chief Engineer or Engineering Assistant about parts and stock.
- Guest: Responding to guests in a friendly, helpful, and professional manner at all times.
- Snow Removal: Shoveling, clearing ice, throwing gravel, snowplowing, clearing walkways, stairwells, parking lots, loading areas, satellite dishes, etc…
- Public areas: performing preventative maintenance and repairs to the guest rooms, restaurants, lobbies, meeting rooms, retail shops, clubhouse, hallways and stairwells, cafeteria, Spa’s, kitchens, shop and storerooms, etc…
- Miscellaneous responsibilities: Furniture repairs, hanging pictures, minor electrical work, repairing lights and fixtures, painting, responding to radio calls, and communicating with callers concerning the progress of the request.
- Perform any further duties as required by the Chief Engineer.
- Experience in a hotel Engineering Department helpful.
- Basic knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems helpful Experience in painting, drywall repair, hanging pictures, etc…
- Must be able to work with others and be professional and courteous to guests and fellow employees.
- Level II HVAC certification preferred
- Electric Experience desired HVAC Experience desired
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and pull material weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Must be able to work under conditions requiring prolonged standing, lengthy walking, frequent bending, stretching, crawling through tight spaces and working up to roof top level.
- Requires the ability to distinguish colors and symbols. Requires frequent exposure to dust, dirt, water and chemicals.
- Required to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Required to work overtime as needed.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Resort Discounts
- Holiday Pay Paid Time Off and Sick Pay
- 401(k) Retirement Plan & Roth 401(k)
- Voluntary Life Insurance Short Term & Long Term Disability Employee
- Assistance Program Parking Credit or Discounted Bus Passes
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off