Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Sun Valley, ID
Publish Date: Posted November 16, 2022
Assistant Restaurant Managers at Sun Valley Resort oversee and coordinate all aspects of the dining room according to Sun Valley Company standards to ensure a pleasurable dining experience for our guests. Locations include the Sun Valley Lodge, Village Station, and Bald Mountain’s iconic Roundhouse Restaurant.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Train and manage staff.
- Schedule staff according to reservations and hotel occupancy.
- Track daily labor using Kronos.
- Train staff with the proper technique of Sun Valley Resort Service Standards.
- Possess an extensive knowledge of wines and how to best serve them, including knowledge of appropriate pairings.
- Be able to assist with all services in the restaurant and ensure the guests’ needs are taken care of professionally and graciously.
- Clearly and professionally communicate and cooperate with the dining room staff and the chef on duty, including sharing menu and reservation updates and ordering linens and additional supplies.
- Address complaints and resolve problems.
Assistant Restaurant Manager Qualifications:
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of and experience with restaurant and wine service.
- Minimum of 3 years of managerial/supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical restaurant service experience.
- Knowledge of/experience with daily financial aspects of restaurant management.
- He/She must have excellent customer service and supervisory skills.
- A degree in a related field is preferred.
- Must be able to work in a noisy atmosphere
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, use hands, feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear.
- Must safely move objects up to approximately 75 pounds about the workplace.
- Ski Pass