Job Type: Seasonal
Location: Sun Valley, ID
Publish Date: Posted August 25, 2023
Applications have closed
An Entertainment Technician will be the technician for events produced in-house and monitor the après ski music and entertainment scene, which runs through winter.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support for visiting Arts groups and touring performers to present their events.
- Work closely with visiting riggers and other technicians
- Act as a technician for events produced in-house and facilitate visiting engineers as necessary
- Setup, operation and breakdown of lighting and sound systems, staging, etc.
- Tech work both indoors and outdoors, on the ground or at height in a variety of weather situations
- Maintain and repair equipment and venue technical systems as needed
- Provide technical support for Resort events
- Light carpentry
- Longer hours during peak seasons, shorter hours during calmer periods
- Other duties as needed, including general cleaning of the venue if necessary.
- Able to independently run a small event, such as a local four-piece rock band.
- Apply standard rigging and safety practices
- Comfortable working at heights
- Familiar with the use and maintenance of chain hoists
- Good computer skills
- Work well with a group and provide leadership when appropriate
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, dynamic work environment
- Organized and self-motivated, and take pride in working for the arts
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass