Deputy Court Clerk
Salary: Hourly Salary Range: $18.44 - $29.38
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Mammoth, CA
Publish Date: Posted January 6, 2023
- Receives legal documents; examines documents for completeness and conformity with requirements.
- Prepares and maintains document and exhibit files; files legal documents.
- Provides information regarding court rules and procedures; answers inquiries and explains legal filing processes; explains bail, fines and fees; assists individuals in obtaining forms and information.
- Enters, retrieves, corrects, updates and verifies information in manual and computer recordkeeping systems.
- Prepares a variety of court documents such as orders, decisions, judgments, complaints, warrants; exonerates and forfeits bail – all in accordance with established court procedures and under the supervision of a Courtroom Clerk or the Court Operations Manager.
- Accepts bail, fines and fees; issues receipts; balances cash drawers.
- Performs various clerical duties such as filing, copying, faxing, assembling documents; preparing mail for Post Office, and picking up mail from and delivering mail to Post Office; opening, sorting and distributing mail, preparing and transporting bank deposits, transporting documents, files and other court materials between branches.
- May prepare and distribute court calendars; may perform limited duties of a Courtroom Clerk; may perform limited bookkeeping tasks such as maintaining register of trust account receipts and disbursements, preparing trust account disbursement checks and preparing expense vouchers.
- May assist Deputy Jury Commissioner with the selection of prospective trial jury panels and the preparation and distribution of jury summons. May handle written and telephone requests for jury duty excuse or deferral.
- Performs other clerical and administrative duties as needed.
- Travels to and works in other branches as needed
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off