Salary: $75,000 - $85,000 + 20% bonus
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Aspen / Roaring Fork, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 3, 2023
Applications have closed
The Reservations Manager will manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of the Reservations Department. This position will field reservations calls; solve customer problems; general office administration; scheduling; training; work with the Marketing Department, and oversee special projects as assigned.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Efficiently convert phone and e-mail inquiries from all business channels and market segments into reservations.
• Ensure the Reservations Department adheres to call quality standards and guidelines.
• Continually focus on call conversion scores and increase percentages when possible.
• Work alongside the Revenue Manager to implement inventory management strategies.
• Responsible for maintaining and updating training manual.
• Consistently assign units fairly according to the Rotation Report.
• Set and manage the reservations budget.
• Maintain working and friendly relationships with all Gant homeowners and repeat guests.
• Maintain detailed and accurate payment and change of reservation records.
• Responsible for disbursing travel agent commissions monthly.
• Manage Navis after-hour call leads.
• Maintain working relationships with 3rd parties such as Navis, The Guest Book, Travel Insurance, and stay up to date on their trainings and policies.
• Oversee new hire training and continual training of staff.
• Oversee the Gant VIP amenity program.
• Perform all other related duties/projects/reports as outlined by the Director of Sales and Marketing and General Manager
• Maintain a neat, clean, and safe work environment.
• Keep up jovial relations with all co-workers in order that the Gant corporate culture is an enjoyable one.
• To assist any co-worker when asked for assistance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• College Degree preferred.
• Two years of Gant experience, or prior reservations management experience
• Familiarity with basic business practices in order to provide a framework for making strong and rational business decisions.
• Effective communication both verbally and written in English, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner. Bilingual a plus.
• Time management and organizational skills to oversee simultaneous tasks and projects, both self-motivated and assigned.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Springer Miller Systems in addition to a general understanding and familiarity of computers and the ability to learn new software packages.
• Functional knowledge of basic accounting and mathematical skills in order to analyze reports and understand billing practices.
• Analytical and abstract thinking skills to quickly evaluate selling and customer service situations and react appropriately.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
• Predominantly indoor office-oriented deskwork involving the use of computers, and the telephone.
• Travel may be required occasionally.
• High levels of stress will be present when negotiating with unhappy guests.
• Heavy lifting is required from time to time when supplies are needed from storage and when assisting Bell Staff with luggage.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass