Assistant Restaurant Manager
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted March 2, 2023
Responsible for the management of resort outlets and staff to ensuring successful operation of the hotel restaurant, IRD and bar service so that quality and service standards exceed guest expectations and meet financial goals.
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with the management of outlets that may include Leonora, The Lounge at Leonora, The Bar at Leonora, pool and Frost.
- Responsible for In Room Dining including Staffing, Scheduling and Training
- Assists the Restaurant Manager with inventory, ordering for outlets, payroll, recruiting, scheduling, and training.
- Assists with Banquets as needed.
- Maintains necessary pars on supplies.
- Assists culinary department as needed, including expediting.
- Assists in planning goals, objectives, procedures, and work standards for the department; provides input into the department’s budget.
- Ensures resort and departmental policies are followed.
- Works with Restaurant Manager to ensures attainment of budgeted food sales, beverage sales and labor costs; achieves maximum profitability and over-all success by controlling costs while providing quality of service.
- Works with other managers and staff to find unique and creative solutions for resolving everyday problems.
- Maintains department control and cash handling procedures.
- Processes food and beverage inquiries and ensures timely follow up on the same business day.
- Ensures thorough communication with all staff and other team members.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Ensures the maintenance of bar control policies.
- Ensures that service follows resort standards and exceeds guest expectations.
- Works with the Chef, Restaurant Manager, Beverage Manager, and Restaurant Supervisor to ensure all arrangements and details are dealt with.
- Ensures that staff maintains a professional attitude and proper appearance and uniform standards.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the departments service to its customers by communication, offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Works a flexible schedule and hours that varies based upon business demands working whatever hours necessary for a timely completion of responsibilities.
- Free onsite shift parking
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off,
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Merchant Pass discounted ski program.
Bonus and Housing possible
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in hotel management, or a closely related field; AND three (3) years of food and beverage supervisor/management experience; OR an euivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees, and managing in a team environment.
- Use of Microsoft Office.
- Use of Aloha POS, or similar POS experience.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing, and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Providing customer service.
- Ability to give attention to detail and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining, and researching office files.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing activity reports.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Days Open: 20
Status: Currently Advertised
16 Vail Road, Vail, CO 81657
Reference #: TSV
Pay Rate: $60,000 to $65,000/year
Pay Comments: The pay range represents the low and high end of the Timbers range for this position. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to experience, education, training, location, merit system, quantity or quality of work, responsibilities, and regular and/or necessary travel. The range listed is just one component of Timbers total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include various incentives, such as tips, commissions, bonus, and many region-specific benefits.
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off