Sales and Conference Services Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted February 28, 2023
The Sebastian Vail, is #nowhiring a Sales and Conference Services Coordinator to work on-site at this beautiful hotel and owners club. If you have a strong background in adminstrative support and sales, look no further than this exciting new position and work for an industry leader.
Responsible for assisting and supporting Sales, Marketing, and Conference Services Department initiatives, administration, and event fulfillment.
- Receives calls and emails from clients, providing factual information which may require the interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Calls and emails clients to gather proposal and contractual information, and to answer questions and communicate appropriate information.
- Attends to a variety of office administrative details, such as meeting arrangements, monthly checkbook updating, supply purchases, interdepartmental, and client communication.
- Receives, processes, and distributes group Requests for Proposals.
- Prepares Group and Leisure proposals and contracts as needed for sales opportunities.
- Researches and compiles a variety of informational materials from sources both inside and outside the office; summarizes such information as directed.
- Supports Conference Services Manager with fulfillment of groups visiting the hotel to include BEO preparation and distribution, Resume preparation and distribution, and client correspondence.
- Schedules calls and meetings with clients and supports Conference Services Manager with client follow-up.
- May attend meetings and prepare minutes as required; initiates specified correspondence independently for signature by appropriate management, supervisory or professional staff; reviews finished materials for completeness, accuracy, format, compliance with policies and procedures, and appropriate English usage.
- Organizes and maintains various office files; purges files as required.
- Maintain and create merge documents in Advanced (Delphi).
- Follows up on projects, transmits information, and keeps informed of activities.
- Schedules and arranges for meetings; organizes own work, sets priorities, and meets critical deadlines.
- Conducts site inspections of property as directed by Director of Sales.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of coordinator and/or /administrative experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Use of specified computer applications involving Advanced (Delphi), SMS,
- Word, Excel, data entry and/or standard report generation.
- Business arithmetic.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Business letter writing and the standard format for typed materials.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing office support duties.
- Reading and explaining rules, policies and procedures.
- Resolving varied office administrative problems.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Composing and merging correspondence independently or from brief instructions.
- Compiling and summarizing information and preparing periodic or special reports.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Mobility to work in an office setting and use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off