Director of Outlets
Salary: $80,000- $90,000/ year, plus $8,000-$9,000 annual bonus potential (10% of salary)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 12, 2023
This position has been filled
Join our team at renowned The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa, managed by East West Hospitality.
At The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa we pride ourselves on providing the best hospitality experience in the Vail Valley, and we are looking for Director of Outlets to join our team!
This leadership role is responsible for Food and Beverage Outlets and Room Service. This leader will be driven to create meaningful experiences for our employees, guests, and community while simultaneously driving food and beverage sales to ensure the success and profitability of all Food and Beverage outlets.
If you are a Food & Beverage leader with a minimum 4 years of progressive experience in the field (and in a 4-5 star hotel), excellent interpersonal skills and proven record of succesfully leading and developing staff, we would love to meet you!
- In partnership with the Director of Food & Beverage and the Executive Chef, they will be responsible for short and long-term planning and the management of the hotel outlet operations in the front and back of the house
- Assist with the development of the department budget, concepts and objectives and manage within those approved plans.
- In collaboration with sales & marketing department, implement and maintain food & beverage sales/marketing programs.
- Interview, hire new employees, train, schedule, supervise, coach, motivate, discipline, discharge, and give fair and objective performance evaluations to employees.
- Direct the implementation of the payroll, reports, forecasts, inventory, and budget for outlet operations.
- Coordinate outlet operations with other hotel departments to ensure efficient guest service.
- Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
- Ensures schedule and staffing levels are accurate based on occupancy levels, scheduled events, and guest satisfaction.
- Implement procedures to increase guest and employee satisfaction.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, and passion for providing service.
- Supervises staffing levels to verify that guest service, operational needs, and financial objective are met.
- Passion for creating and personalizing guest experiences.
- Maintain Marriot standards of service and ensure their implementation.
- Perform daily walk-through to ensure full compliance with Department of Health regulations and Marriot Corporate standards.
- Supervises beverage purchasing and control procedures and ensures staff is trained accordingly.
- Maintain fluent communications with all management and other departments through the hotel.
Location: The Westin Riverfront Resort & Spa – Avon, CO
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Status: Full Time, Year Round
Pay Rate: $80,000- $90,000/ year, plus $8,000-$9,000 annual bonus potential (10% of salary)
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality preferred, minimum 4 years of progressive experience in Food & Beverage Management with at least some of the experience in a 4-5 star hotel (preferably with Marriott).
- Proven track record of developing, motivating, and discipling staff.
- Understanding of all health code regulations
- Professional presentations skills
- Demonstration of excellent communication skills; written and spoken
- Strong interpersonal skills and a genuine guest service orientation.
- Ability to problem solve expeditiously and effectively
- Experience with successful conflict management among staff and with clients.
- Previously worked in a high pressure, fast paced environment and have proven success in that environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills
- Experience in implementing new food & beverage concepts
Benefits & Perks:
- Marriott Hotel Discounts Worldwide
- Health Insurance – Choose from three plans!
- Dental, Vision, & Accident Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Discretionary Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Career Development Trainings
- Discounted Gym Memberships at The Athletic Club Westin
- Discounts at Eye Pieces
- Corporate Discounts with Perk Spot
- Sabbatical Program
- $500 Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
Why East West:
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice, built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve.
Our mission is to cultivate and sustain an inclusive and welcoming environment in which everyone thrives and feels like they belong. That starts by living true to our core value, Embracing Diversity. These principles are always top of mind and are never in question.
We believe racism, discrimination and acts of violence are intolerable.
We believe that being unique is powerful.
We believe inclusion and diversity are integral ingredients to progress.
We will actively pursue diversity and inclusion.
We will commit resources to new and existing initiatives.
We will listen and create opportunities for all voices to be heard to inspire positive change.
We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at jobs.eastwest.com/culture.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass