In Room Dining Server
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted March 1, 2023
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. Do you truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best. If this aligns with your values, then The Sebastian Vail has a great career opportunity for you as an In Room Dining Server.
The Sebastian Vail offers competitive compensation package and outstanding benefits.
- Free onsite shift parking
- Discounted bus pass for Eagle County & Lake County routes
- Discounted F&B, Spa Treatments & Retail up to 40% off
- 401K with Match
- Paid Sick leave for P/T & Seasonal Staff, PTO for Full Time Staff
- Wellness Bonus if worked through full season until ski area closing
- Full Time Year Round possible, with full benefits such as Paid Time Off,
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD/STD, Life, Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Insurance.
- Merchant Ski Pass Program
- Free onsite Chef prepared employee dining room with hot meals and salad bar
- Responsible for serving food and beverages to customers.
- Greets guests and takes their food and beverage orders.
- Responds to and resolves any special dietary requests.
- Serves food and beverages to the guest as per the course of the order.
- Checks identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol products.
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per the specifications on the Banquet Event Order.
- Ensure proper care, movement of all equipment such as tables, chairs etc.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Coordinate with kitchen and bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Observes guests, anticipates their needs, and ensures their satisfaction with the food, beverages, and service; removes courses, replenishes utensils, refills glasses
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards.
- Stocks and maintains the banquet area stock levels.
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of food and beverage service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Serving customers efficiently and effectively.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off