Salary: $66,300 - $91,700
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted August 17, 2023
Applications have closed
The Financial Analyst position is responsible for compiling and analyzing financial information in support of the Town departments and programs. The role will be highly involved in the annual budget process and completion of the Town’s budget documents. This candidate would leverage financial techniques and analysis, information systems and tools, and critical thinking to prepare accurate forecasts and provide informed and insightful recommendations to management.
- Performs professional level accounting, finance, and budget functions and statistical analysis for the Finance Department.
- With assistance from the Finance Director determines the fiscal impact of all ordinances, contracts, and budget modifications; develops findings, conclusions, and recommendations as appropriate.
- Monitors the fiscal health of Departments through analysis of revenues and expenditures; interprets accounting information and correlates with appropriate budgets, plans, and programs.
- Supports financial modeling and preparation of financial plans for strategic planning and annual operating budgets.
- Identifies trends and opportunities to either improve processes or financial performance.
- Assembles materials to illustrate complex financial forecasts and budget adjustments; effectively communicates recommendations to management.
- Prepares management information reports.
- Completes cost/benefit analyses and special projects when assigned.
- Monitors and reviews fixed assets and equipment replacements.
- Collaborates with Human Resources on property liability and workers compensation insurance.
- Responsible for processing Real Estate Transfer Tax (RETT) transactions, customer inquiries pertaining to RETT and monthly/quarterly RETT reporting.
- Assists Finance Director with updates to ClearGov and updates demographic data for the Town of Avon.
- Assists in the annual audit.
- Assists the Finance Director to compile necessary data for grants, collaborates with Departments on grant income and expense amounts, and prepares required grant reports.
- This job description may not be all-inclusive. Employees are responsible for all other duties as assigned.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Health, Rx, vision, and dental insurance
- Avon Recreation Center pass
- Retirement match of 11%
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- Spanish proficiency pay incentive
TOWN OF AVON CULTURE STATEMENT
Town Employees provide excellent public service to the Avon community through a shared commitment to the core values of the Town of Avon VALUES:
Public Service: We are committed to an effective, community-focused organization that passionately engages and serves our residents, property owners, businesses, and guests.
Openness: We are open, transparent, complete, objective and respectful of opposing views with all Town officials and with the public in our decisions and actions.
Leadership: We perform our work with commitment, passion, collaboration, fairness, honesty and courage to elevate our performance, the performance of our co-workers, and the character of our community.
Integrity: We are professional, ethical, responsible and accountable in our decisions and actions.
Stewardship: We are custodians and stewards of the Town’s financial, physical, environmental and natural resources on behalf of current and future generations.
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly