Facilities Maintenance Technician
Salary: $52,107 - $70,345
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Telluride, CO
Publish Date: Posted June 2, 2023
Applications have closed
SUMMARY: The Facilities Maintenance Tech is responsible for the upkeep of Town facilities and performs entry-level and semi-skilled maintenance and repair tasks such as plumbing, carpentry, remodeling, electrical, and other craft work to maintain the Town’s facilities, buildings, and structures to protect the health, safety, and welfare of the Town’s employees, citizens, and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Full Job Description(PDF)
Maintenance and Operations
- Performs general repairs in and around Town-owned facilities, including but not limited to: Locksmith duties: installs, repairs, and replaces locks on doors
- HVAC systems: changes filters
- Electrical: installs or replaces switches, outlets, light fixtures, light bulbs, and ballasts
- Plumbing: unclogs drains, replaces faucets, and performs minor toilet repairs
- Painting: paints the interior and exterior of buildings when the paint has become faded or chipped
- Carpentry: replaces windows, fixes drywall
- Collects and reviews custodial contract bids; selects vendors and ensures the quality of contracted work
- Maintains Town parking meters and garage infrastructure
- Responds to and resolves citizen inquiries about Town managed restrooms, parking garages, and other facilities
- Inspects Town facilities to identify safety issues and ensure standards
- Reports and identifies any safety hazards to the supervisor
- Fixes potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
High school diploma or equivalent qualification is required; driver’s license; certificate in HVAC, building maintenance technology, or relevant field or 1-2 years of experience in building maintenance is preferred; or ability to gain proficiency in 6 months; ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification in 6 months.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Knowledge of: general carpentry and repair; proper safety techniques and procedures while using chemicals, power tools, hand tools, and equipment; knowledge of proper lifting techniques; methods, techniques, materials, tools, and equipment used in maintenance; basic mathematical principles; principles and practices of record keeping.
Skill in: problem-solving, establishing and maintaining effective and cooperative working relationships with employees; written and oral communication, ability to maintain a professional demeanor under stress and during frequent interruptions; organization and prioritizing tasks; attention to detail.
Work is performed indoors and outdoors in and around Town’s buildings and facilities, with exposure to hot and cold temperatures, dust, grease, chemicals, odors, and high UV rays. Hazards present in this position are inherent in occupation areas, including HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and carpentry. Moderate noise levels.
While performing the duties of this job, is required to stand or walk a majority of the time; frequently lifts, carries, pushes, or pulls up to 100lbs and uses a dolly or other equipment to carry in excess of 100lbs; may be required to lift heavy and awkward objects, up to 50 lbs, from ground level to waist level or higher either on solid ground or while balancing (example: ladder); frequently climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crouches, crawls, reaches, and handles while performing duties in camped and unconventional work areas. Occasionally required to sit.
- Full-Time Year Round
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Grade 35
- Salary Range: minimum $ 52,107 – maximum $ 70,345
- Hiring Range: min $52,107 mid $61,226 DOQ
The Town of Telluride offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, retirement with Town match, paid time off, sick leave, comp time, 10 paid holidays, and a merchant ski pass!
Email the Employment Application(PDF), cover letter, and resume to Sydney Roop, HR Coordinator.
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Pet Friendly
- Ski Pass