Street Maintenance Technician
Salary: Tech I : minimum $ 43,064 - maximum $ 58, 136 Tech II: minimum $47,370 - maximum $ 63,950
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Telluride, CO
Publish Date: Posted August 25, 2023
Applications have closed
Are you passionate about making a tangible difference in the Town of Telluride? Become a part of the Town Streets Team and play a crucial role in enhancing the quality of life for residents and visitors.
The Town of Telluride is hiring for a Streets Maintenance Technician I or II, depending on qualifications.
SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Streets Crew Supervisor or Streets and Utilities Superintendent, the Streets Maintenance Technician provides maintenance of municipal streets, traffic control systems, road rights-of-way, and signage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Full Job Description- Streets Maintenance Technician I (PDF)
- Full Job Description – Streets Maintenance Technician II (PDF)
- Completes maintenance, repair services, and snow removal to Town streets.
- Assists with cleaning and maintaining Town road rights-of-way, including mowing, weed removal and other maintenance as required
- Performs flagging and related safety functions and controls traffic at job sites
- Operates hand tools such as jackhammers, mechanical tampers, power saws, air compressors, hydraulic drivers, and similar equipment to make general repairs on Town-owned right-of-way assets and streets
- Performs tasks such as spreading salt or gravel, removing trash/litter, and clearing ditches/storm drains
- Performs snow and ice removal on Town sidewalks, right of ways, and around Town buildings
- Performs pothole and pavement repair; performs utility locations
- Installs and maintains streets and traffic signs/posts
- Paints traffic markings on curbs, streets, parking lines, and crosswalks
- Paints, repairs, and services fire hydrants
- Removes trash and recycling from designated areas
- Completes other tasks and special projects as assigned
- Maintain and repair the Town’s water and wastewater infrastructure system
- Recognizes, practices, and enforces safety rules and procedures
- Performs routine pre/post-use safety checks of equipment and minor maintenance on vehicles and equipment; maintains records of such activities
- Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor and works safely to prevent at-fault accidents
- Operates a Town vehicle safely
- Wears all required safety apparel and PPE
- Complies with safety training guidelines; follows oral and written instructions
- Strict commitment to personal safety and the safety of coworkers
Technician I: High school diploma or equivalent; valid driver’s license; six (6) months to one (1) year of experience in public works operations preferred; no experience necessary; CPR and First Aid training required throughout employment. This is a non – CDL licensed position.
Technician II: High school diploma or equivalent; Valid Driver’s License; previous work experience in street maintenance and the operation of related equipment or one (1) to two (2) years of experience as a Streets Maintenance Tech I; must possess or be able to obtain a Flagger Certification within three (3) months of being hired; must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a Confined Space certification within three (3) months of being hired; ongoing participation in CPR and First Aid training is required throughout employment. This is a non-CDL licensed position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
Knowledge of: general maintenance, construction, tools, and equipment; occupational hazards involved and the safety precautions necessary in performing maintenance, construction, and repairs work; safe driving practices.
Skill in: safe operation of tools, equipment, and light vehicles; working independently with little supervision; effective communication.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works outside on Town’s streets in all types of weather, with high UV rays in the summer and cold temperatures in the winter.
The employee must be able to sustain heavy physical exertion, such as using a shovel for an extended period of time, and be able to lift more than 50 lbs and occasionally move objects up to 100 lbs. The employee must be able to hear and comprehend radio messages.
Full-Time Year-Round Position.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Grade: 20
- Salary Range: Minimum $ 43,064 – maximum $ 58, 136
- Hiring Range: min $43, 064 – mid $50,600 DOQ
- FLSA Status: Non – Exempt
- Grade: 30
- Salary Range: Minimum $47,370 – maximum $ 63,950
- Hiring Range: min $47,370 – mid $55,660 DOQ
The Town of Telluride offers a benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, retirement with Town Match, paid time off, sick leave, 10 paid holidays, and a merchant ski pass! More information can be found on our Employee Benefits webpage.
Email your resume and completed Employment Application(PDF) to Sydney Roop, HR Coordinator.
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass