Heavy Equipment Operator I + $1,000 CDL Signing Bonus
Salary: Starting at $27.10 per hour!
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 30, 2022
Applications have closed
$1,000 CDL Signing Bonus (Class A or B)
Heavy Equipment Operator I (Snow Removal) / Turf Maintenance
Starting At $27.10 per hour
Full-Time/Year-Round Benefited Position!
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants must must be self motivated and have the ability to work individually without direct supervision to accomplish multiple tasks.
In addition they must meet the following requirements:
- Two years of general related experience including light and medium equipment and ground maintenance.
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge in multiple areas of public works operations (IE: road construction, heavy equipment operations, trash removal, drainage maintenance, sign fabrication, special events, etc.)
- Hands-on experience in safely operating loaders, backhoes, dump trucks and all pieces of equipment from small hand tools to the large pieces of equipment.
- Flexible schedule; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Experience working with the public and good customer service skills.
- Ability to lift minimum of 100 lbs. of material and tools.
- Understanding of tree and shrub care maintenance.
- Commercial Driver’s License (or ability to obtain) with good driving record required.
- Ability to obtain Heavy Equipment Training Certifications: level 1 & 2 Back-hoe and Front-end loader
- Position has exposure to the outdoors in all weather conditions and all types of equipment noise, traffic, chemicals and fumes. Stooping, standing, kneeling and lifting is required the entire shift.
Are you interested in living and working in Vail, CO? Vail, which is centrally located in the Rocky Mountains, offers easy access to Denver (100 miles to the east) and is surrounded by the White River National Forest, offering world class outdoor activities in summer and winter (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, white water).
When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home! To find out more about our community, please visit our website www.vailgov.com and click on Vail Information.
Year-Round Benefits (click here to view our full 2022 Benefits Package)
The Town of Vail offers an excellent benefits and compensation package to our Full-time employees. This includes:
- Health and Dental Coverage
- Town-Funded Retirement (First Year = 11.15%, 1+ years = 16.15%)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- SafeFit (through Howard Head Sports Medicine & Vail Health)
- Alight Healthcare Navigator Program
- 457 Pre-Tax Savings Plan
- Roth IRA
- Group Life & Survivor Income benefits
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- $800 Lifestyle Spending Account (can be used for merchant ski pass)
- Tennis Pass/Golf Pass/ECO Bus Pass
- Rent Assistance Programs
- Employee Housing Opportunities
- Home Purchase Assistance (EHOP/InDeed)
- Day Care Assistance
- Education Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
The Town of Vail is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for this position is $52,148 – $67,792 . Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. The Town of Vail considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, as well as, market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 18th, 2022 – 5:00pm
The Town of Vail is now hiring a motivated and experienced Heavy Equipment Operator / Turf Maintenance to join the public works department. Responsibilities include operation of a variety of light, medium, and heavy weight public works vehicles as well as ground maintenance work in the summers. While the duties will vary depending on the season, providing guest service through out the Town of Vail is always a priority.
During the winter season this position focuses on snowplowing and snow removal for the town. This requires a regular call in schedule, early mornings and overnight shifts. In addition, the position may be assigned to any functional area in Public Works as needed on a daily basis including performing street and structure construction or repair.
During the summer this position’s overall responsibility is to ensure the parks and open spaces are well maintained. We are seeking someone who is willing to work hard and take pride in the task at hand. Crew members may be designated to one specific crew (ground maintenance or irrigation) depending on skill set or may be assigned to float between all landscaping crews and work as needed.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Hiring Bonuses
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses
- Ski Pass