Electrical Supervisor / Master Electrician
Salary: Expected Hiring Range: $36.07 - $41.84 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 7, 2022
The Electrical Supervisor / Master Electrician provides administration, coordination of activities, and supervision of the electrical team for Town of Vail facilities. Design, develop and supervise the installation of electrical equipment, components and systems for commercial, industrial and residential use.
- Performs electrical installations, repairs and maintenance as needed. Provides daily supervision of the electrical division’s work force. Performs supervisory responsibilities in accordance to Town’s policies including: interviewing, hiring, and training of employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining.
- Supervises Journeymen Electrician, Apprentice Journeymen and Electrician Helpers.
- Provides customer service – Responds to questions, concerns, wants, and complaints in a courteous and timely manner.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and initiates or suggests plans to motivate electrical workers to solve work problems and to achieve work goals.
- Provides training, and scheduling for employees. Conducts electrical division employee performance evaluations. Evaluates employees and provides appropriate feedback.
- Trace out shorted or damaged electrical circuits.
- Ensures the safety of the town’s electrical systems.
- Provides electrical repair and maintenance for all Town of Vail buildings.
- Confers with engineers, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential projects.
- Estimates labor, material, and prepares specifications for purchase of materials and equipment.
- Locates buried Town of Vail electric lines for outside contractors and Town projects.
- Project construction: including building additions or remodels, streetlights, bus shelter lighting, playground and recreation path lighting, and new signage.
- Schedules work assignments and deadlines.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods and equipment performance to increase efficiency and safety.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed equipment and machines.
- Inspects systems and electrical parts to detect hazards, defects, and need for adjustment or repair.
- Inspects completed installation and observes operations for conformance to design and equipment specifications, and operational and safety standards.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Manages work order software to ensure accuracy and efficiency of work
- Conducts meetings pertinent to electrical operations.
- Responsible for execution of scheduled and preventive maintenance.
- Serve the citizens and guests of the Town of Vail by abiding by all Town of Vail core values.
- Perform job in accordance with all Town of Vail safety practices.
- Follow environmentally friendly practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vail is a guest service oriented and resort destination community. We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for passionate individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do.
Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements:
- State of Colorado Master’s Electrician License is required.
- Previous supervisory experience or experience in a leadership role.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Colorado driver’s license.
- Complete defensive driving course within 6 months of hire.
- Maintain state requirements for PDU’s.
- Advanced line locator certificate or ability to obtain within a year.
This position work in a variety of environments, both indoors and outdoors and involves exposure to a variety of weather conditions. Exposure to fumes, dust, and noise may be constant. The position may require working from a ladder. The duties listed above are physically demanding and require the full range of body movements including lifting up to 75 Lbs., standing, stooping, kneeling and bending for an entire shift.
Year-Round Benefits (2022 Benefits)
The Town of Vail offers an excellent benefits and compensation package to our Full-time employees. This includes health and dental coverage, town-funded retirement, 457 pre-tax savings plan, life/survivor insurance, tennis pass, golf pass and other ski pass/wellness benefits. What’s more, the town offers many other benefits to help employees make Vail their “home” including employee housing options, home buyer/renter assistance programs, day care assistance, education reimbursements, professional development opportunities and much, much more.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses
- Ski Pass