Salary: Pay Range: Min: $20.00 Max: $22.90. Pay is based upon relevant education and experienc
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted August 31, 2022
Applications have closed
$2,500 Sign On Bonus Available!
Responsible for communicating the daily menu to all patients and taking menu orders from patients. Actively involved in the preparation and delivery of food to patients and hospital staff. Responsible for printing diet worksheets and maintaining knowledge of special diets.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Take patient orders via phone for processing. Provide the patient dietary restriction information, and the cook information for tray preparation.
– Prepare patient beverages, set up the patient tray according to diet specifications, and deliver trays in a timely manner.
– Maintain food and beverages at proper temperatures and rotate all products according to schedule. Record the temperature of the patient refrigerator every shift.
– Serve customers and staff in VVMC’s Assist with cashier duties and food preparation/cooking as needed.
– Maintain high level of sanitation in all practices as stated in federal state and local health manuals.
– Stock the diet aide work area as needed.
– Fill floor stock orders for all departments.
– Work as a team with other nutrition services staff to ensure all patient and staff needs are met and all work is complete.
– Attend all staff meetings and in-services. If a meeting is missed, contact supervisor for review of information and complete quizzes if needed.
– Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
One year of food service in a hospital setting preferred.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.