Salary: Pay Range: Min: $21 Mid: $23: Pay is based upon relevant education and experience
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 4, 2022
Applications have closed
Protect property, assets and people, and deter the occurrence of crime at VH -owned and – operated facilities and grounds. This is accomplished through the implementation of a hospital-wide security program developed in accordance with Joint Commission guidelines, industry standards, and hospital policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
– Patrol and monitor VH facilities for unsafe facilities, grounds and people or suspicious activities.
– Respond to alarms, emergency codes, and other requests for assistance. – Document all activities related to patrols, investigations, police assists, response activities, and other calls for service.
– Communicate with patients, staff, visitors and supporting agencies to conduct education, investigation, and de-escalation.
– Monitor and enforce parking regulations.
– Conduct patient watches for mental health, substance abuse, or at-risk patients in coordination with clinical departments.
– Provide confidential support and assistance to all VH visitors, patients, staff, and supporting outside agencies (e.g. law enforcement).
– Maintain the physical security of VH through access control software, security alarms, key control, and other physical and electronic controls.
– May be asked to participate in management of patients behavior, i.e. application of restraints, observation, physical management to assist clinician.
– Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
– Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
This description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Two years of previous security-related experience preferred. Experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
Current Valid Driver’s license and ability to pass Vail Health’s Department of Motor Vehicle Report criteria
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Must have working knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses