Assistant Property Manager
Salary: $50,000+ DOE
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted August 31, 2022
Applications have closed
If you are interested in property management, assisting, and serving the mountain community Vail Management Company may have a fantastic opportunity for you! The Assistant Property Manager position is responsible for assisting the Senior Property Manager, Director of Maintenance, and Reservations Department in administrative and customer service duties. The Assistant Property Manager will provide professional and friendly support to owners, tenants, rental guests, vendors, and team members to develop and maintain a positive relationship with all.
This role will support the Senior Property Manager, Maintenance, and Reservation Team in overseeing our various properties that spread from Vail to Edwards. This position requires a highly organized individual who can remain calm under pressure and balance challenging priorities regularly.
· Supporting the Property Manager in all functions required of the Property and Facility Management department.
· Provides coverage for Property Manager and others on days off.
· Answer phones in a polite, professional, and timely manner
· Must be able to recognize and identify general maintenance and repair needs, and follow-up for completion of repairs.
· Inspect facilities regularly to ensure they meet safety standards.
· Maintain accurate and in-depth knowledge of all aspects of the properties managed, particularly in areas such as association managed, active long-term rental units managed, active short-term rental units managed, and any in depth information that pertains to each.
· Provide full administrative support, including phone support, typing, reports, filing and distribution of correspondence.
· Assist in lease administration activities, including abstracting leases and keeping our database current
· Ensure all property files are prepared and maintained in an orderly and logical manner, including leases and contracts
· Coordinate tenant move ins and move outs, including furniture delivery and pick up
· Oversee maintenance of work order system
· Ensure Certificates of Insurance for tenants and vendors are up to date
· Assist Senior Property Manager with aspects of annual meeting and Board meeting preparation
· Responsible for leading regular inspections of properties with janitorial and landscape providers and any other service provider as directed by the manager
· Participates in performance oversight of all service contractors who perform contract services
· Create and update reservations for our short term rental units
· Act as backup assistance for Front Desk functions such as guest check-in and –out, answering phones, processing related transactions, etc.
· Directs owner and guest requests to correct department or property. Responds courteously, efficiently, and professionally to guest service requests.
· Performs light administrative duties such as sending a receiving faxes, making copies, sending e-mail correspondence
· Receive guest requests and/or complaints and ensure that appropriate actions have been taken.
· Answer inquiries pertaining to the resort’s amenities, services, policies, area attractions, dining, and directions.
· Communicate with other departments as needed via telephone
· Make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests or answer a variety of questions for guests pertaining to their reservations.
· Effective in-person, telephone, and email communication skills. Proper grammar, spelling, and professional composition experience are necessary components of communication inside and outside of the organization.
· Solid understanding of computer skills, including the Microsoft Office suite and Adobe Acrobat.
· Able to multi-task and handle interruptions.
· Personal integrity and the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
· Must be proactive in their approach to problem-solving.
· Comfortable knowing and maintaining confidential information.
· Must be willing to use a personal vehicle. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Paid time off
Flexible vacation time
Cell phone stipend
Retirement plan with company match
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Hiring Bonuses
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses
- Ski Pass