Director of Finance, Housing Available
Salary: $95,000 -105,000 plus 20% incentive
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted May 15, 2023
The Director of Finance manages all accounting aspects and finances of the Association including the HOA, Club, Lodging and Long Term rental operations through strategic planning, critical thinking, and managerial oversight of the accounting department, IT, HR, and LT Rental Program.
- Prepare annual draft budgets for all operations for the Board of Director’s review and approval.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and provide monthly financial reports to the Board of Directors, General Manager and Management staff.
- Provide each department with a financial overview including comparing actual vs. budget with variance analysis.
- Provide each department with projections to assist in controlling expenses to meet monthly budgets.
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, payroll taxes, W-2’s, employee records and sales tax.
- Prepare reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Oversee the balancing and maintenance of checking and savings accounts.
- Responsible for the reconciliation and analysis of Balance Sheet accounts.
- Oversee the accuracy and posting of monthly allocations and accruals.
- Oversee the reconciliation and posting of COGs.
- Maintain various savings accounts in accordance with the Association’s savings policy that is review by external C.P.A. vendor.
- Responsible for the preparation of the yearly review or audit by an external CPA firm and must keep all records and accounts according to Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP).
- Oversee the preparation, auditing and distribution of Owner statements and rental proceeds.
- Responsible for the review, analysis and binding of various insurance policies require by Association documents and applicable law as approved by the Board of Directors.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of Right of First Refusals and Affidavits.
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of general information and Association documents to Realtors and Title Companies.
- Oversee the timely response to statement inquires.
- Responsible for IT and computer systems, in conjunction with outside I.T. service vendor.
- Manage the IT annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness.
- Assist all departments with the maintenance and training of computer systems and peripherals.
- Oversee systems including PMS, POS, Accounting, Time tracking, CC Confirmation and Key Interfaces, and Telecom VOIP Office
- Oversee network security updates and data management security.
- Assist new hires in completing required paperwork.
- Establish and maintain auditable personnel files.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining benefit programs in accordance with Association policies.
- Responsible for Long Term Rental contracts with owners and tenants and proper record keeping.
- Oversee the inspection and maintenance and communications related to Long-Term Rental Units.
- Oversee Long -Term rate review and comparisons.
- Associates degree in Accounting or equivalent, or Five-year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, complex correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write complex correspondence and present financial information in a logical format.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations including Board meetings.
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass