Salary: $21.50 - $25.50/h
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Summit, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 17, 2023
Vail Summit Orthopaedics is looking for a detailed, service oriented team member to join our front desk team in Frisco. This is a full-time 40 hours/week position with a 4 10s schedule! This is an excellent, relatively entry-level, opportunity in the health care industry. Responsibilities include answering phones, patient check in/out, appointment scheduling, data entry, patient registration, and input into Electronic Medical Records system. Computer skills required, experience in healthcare or customer service preferred. This is a full-time, in office, year round position with competitive pay, DOE, and fantastic benefits. PLUS receive a $1000 signing bonus.
In alignment with best practice recommendations in healthcare settings, and the requirements by CMS, COVID vaccination will be required for this role. Employees may seek an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Ability to interact effectively, and in a supportive manner with persons of all backgrounds.
- Sustain excellent patient interactions using clear communication and problem-solving skills.
- Monitor incoming phone calls and direct accordingly; including but not limited to scheduling appointments by phone, directing/transferring calls, taking detailed information for billing purposes over the phone etc.
- Check-in patients at the front desk in preparation for their appointment with a provider.
- Assist patients with completion of pre-registration forms, ensuring all items are signed.
- Check insurance cards and obtain payment as needed.
- Collect and record co-payments and outstanding balances, and balance cash drawer daily.
- Cover medical records and prior authorizations when needed.
- Communicate efficiently to back-office staff regarding needs of patients.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive patient information at all times.
- Answer the phone in a professional manner and follow procedures for routing calls.
- Ensure reception area and waiting rooms are clean. Regularly sanitize counters, surfaces, and reception area items.
- Previous medical office or professional office experience preferred.
- Must be comfortable working on computers and learning new computer programs.
- Ability to provide excellent patient service and maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to converse, read and write in English required. Conversational Spanish helpful.
**Wages for this role start at $21.50 per hour increasing depending upon health care and/or customer service experience levels.
- Education / Training
- Health Insurance
- Hiring Bonuses
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Retention Bonuses