Gift Data Entry and Accounts Payable Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted November 13, 2023
Applications have closed
Reporting to the Associate Director of Data Systems and working closely with the Accounting Controller, this individual is responsible for accounts payable, gift and sales entry, tax acknowledgements, maintaining donor records, special event registration and reconcile, and audit requests and revenue reconciliation. This person will assist with various administrative duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Sponsorship Entry, Gift Entry and Tax Acknowledgement
Support the Associate Director Data Systems and Sponsorship Administrator to ensure accurate and timely processing of contracts, gift batches, credit cards, and electronic funds transfers for restricted and unrestricted gifts.
- Daily processing includes gifts and sales contracts coming online, checks, wire, stock and through third party event tools and box office.
- Record, communicate, and track any adjustments to gifts.
- Record pledges in Raiser’s Edge and track gift and contract agreements.
- Create and edit mail merge files for tax acknowledgement letters, update seasonally.
- Create tax acknowledgement letters using mail merge by fund twice weekly, edit, print, and distribute tax acknowledgment letters to relationship managers twice weekly.
- Record Sales pledges and gift entry in Raiser’s Edge and track gift agreement.
Accounts Payable– ensure the smooth and accurate processing of financial transactions.
- Receive and review invoices for accuracy and completeness. Ensure accurate account coding, and match invoices with approvals and amounts. Champion the new AP workflow system including coordination across the Vail Valley Foundation.
- Payment Processing – prepare and process transfers and payments. Reconcile payment transactions and resolve discrepancies. Ensure timely and accurate disbursement of funds.
- Vendor management – maintain vendor files and communicate with vendors regarding payment inquiries. Respond to vendors inquires in a professional and timely manner. Manage and distribute 1099’s for multiple entities.
- Month end – assist in month-end closing activities related to accounts payable. Prepare and maintain reconciliation schedules including pre-paid expenses and accruals.
- Compliance – ensure compliance with company policies and relevant accounting regulations. Stay updated on changes in accounting standards and regulations.
Galas and Special Events – Work with the Development Department, Events Coordinator and Finance department to ensure professional execution of fundraising events including event preparation and set-up, registration, check-in, payments, receipting and closing. Signature fundraising events including the Black Diamond Ball, YouthPower365 Star Dancing Gala, YouthPower365 Turkey Trot, Vail Dance Festival and Colorado Gives Day.
- Work with Associate Director Data Systems and Events/Operations team to process sponsorships, ticket purchases, donations, auction purchases and event records in Raiser’s Edge as well as Event operations software, currently OneCause.
- On day of Gala, lead Registration volunteers and troubleshoot on-site guest registration issues.
- After event, process gift payments in 3rd party software, import to Raiser’s Edge and process gift entry and tax acknowledgement letters.
Database Integrity and Outputs – Work closely with the Associate Director Data Systems and Sales Administrator to create and uphold policies and procedures relating to data entry and donor record standards to create a high degree of confidence in data accuracy across the organization.
- Perform regular maintenance tasks for data health, process return mail, eliminate duplicates, research bad address, phone and email records, and maintain record changes for divorce and death.
- Serve an integral role with the Development team managing quarterly mailings, printing letters, labels and organizing mailings.
- Research and update vitally important biographical data in Raiser’s Edge as provided by constituent’s information on checks, correspondence, and other research methods.
- Maintain a clean and accurate database by assisting the Associate Director Data Systems with projects.
- Process return mail and research updated donor data as needed.
- Bachelors’ degree from a four-year college or university.
Preferred 2+ years of database and/or accounting experience, preferably within the fundraising sector – specifically Raiser’s Edge, but not required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Strong analytical, technology and database skills, good organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work diligently and independently.
- Experience with multiple software platforms, preferred.
- Ability to knowledgeably and enthusiastically represent the Vail Valley Foundation; the willingness to work non-traditional hours and be a team-player.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
We will consider candidates desiring a full-time, year-round position.
Location: Avon, CO.
This is a salaried, non-exempt position. Salary range: $62,400 – 68,640.
Our employees are a critical part of who we are, and employee wellness is an important priority for our organization. As a result, we offer an array of employee benefits, including but not limited to:
- Employee and family health insurance plan
- Health savings account
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
Please send a cover letter, resume, and references.
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass