Assistant Donor Relations Manager
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted September 6, 2022
The Vail Valley Foundation (VVF) is seeking a motivated professional for a full–time position as an Assistant Donor Relations Manager. The position will join the Vail Valley Foundation’s Development Team, with a primary role of supporting the Donor Relations Manager, and working closely with the Donor Events Manager.
Donor Events & Communications:
- Assist in managing grassroots fundraising benefits.
- Aid in the planning and execution of grassroot donor communications, including benefits mailers, activity emails, invitations for events and more.
- Collaborate on planning and execution of prospecting and cultivation events (e.g. Underground Sound Show, Birds of Prey VIP, First Light First Tracks, Mountain Games VIP, Vail Dance Festival Donor Events, in–home events, hikes, luncheons).
- Work with Senior Manager of Donor Engagement to communicate and fulfill donor benefits.
- Support writing copy for newsletters, email solicitations, and website.
- Input events in AudienceView ticketing system, track and bill orders, manage Formstack submissions and event check–in, nametags, etc as needed per event.
- Manage Development calendar to ensure team coverage at events as needed.
Box Office, Donor Ticketing & Benefit Fulfillment:
- Many of the job responsibilities listed below relate to donor ticketing for Bravo! Vail. Bravo! Vail is a nonprofit organization operating a classical music festival and presents many concerts in Vail Valley Foundation operated venues wherein Vail Valley Foundation donors have access to tickets.
- Ticket donors for various events and manage upgrades.
- Assist with creation and execution of Formstack for Bravo! Vail and Vail Dance Festival ticket requests.
- Produce and deliver parking passes.
- Facilitate donor billing and reconciliation.
- Support the Box Office, as needed, with VVF and Bravo! Vail ticketing.
- Assist the Box Office with:Raiser’s Edge NXT/donor database information
- Building social/fringe events in AudienceView
- Updating donor and customer profiles
- Donor lists and pre–show communications
- Box Office training specific to donor events
- Filling in on–call as a box office agent at The Amp and VPAC
- Ad hoc projects as assigned.
A successful candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years working in customer service.
- Capacity to work independently as part of a strong team with fellow development colleagues, entire VVF staff, board members, and donors.
- Strong leadership, initiative, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent management and organizational skills, ability to work on multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with flexibility, the capacity to generate innovative solutions and strategies to
cultivate and enhance donor relationships and fundraising initiatives.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials.
- Willingness to cooperate with diverse donors and community groups.
- Eagerness to provide support to the greater Vail Valley Foundation staff as available and necessary.
- Experience with or capacity to learn Microsoft Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge, AudienceView, and other fundraising and ticketing software systems.
- Ability to work in a moderately loud and dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to consistently accept feedback, set, meet and exceed goals.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed for events.
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
- Education / Training
- Employee Recognition Program
- Health Insurance
- Mental Health Resources
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass