Salary: $62,500/ DOE
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 4, 2024
Applications have closed
Position Summary Vail Veterans Program is looking for someone who is passionate about our mission of serving wounded veterans and their families. This person is detail-oriented, experienced in database management, and is motivated to support our donor events and fundraising initiatives. This position will be responsible for all aspects of donor and fundraising support, including Bloomerang gift entry and acknowledgement, ensuring accurate donor records management, outreach support, generating reports and lists, event organization, provide program support, and more. The ideal candidate must be a team player, willing to learn a variety of tasks, and thrive in a fast-paced and small, yet innovative environment, with others who are passionate about their work.
· Work closely with Executive Director to implement existing and create new development strategies, and support alumni relations.
· Support donor relationships year-round through personal outreach efforts.
· Organize and help facilitate annual giving campaigns including End-of-Year mailer, Annual Report, CO Gives, sponsorship campaigns, monthly donor outreach, and more.
· Work closely with the Executive Director to coordinate logistics, promotion, and gift tracking and acknowledgement for fundraising events, in conjunction with event partners.
· Write and manage all donation receipt letters, event fundraising records, and support Director of Programs with accurate program sponsorship information.
· Generate new content and manage monthly newsletters and website updates.
· Represent Vail Veterans Program at fundraising events and meetings as assigned.
· Provide grant writer with data for applications; ensure compliance with grant requirements; and work with Director of Programs to provide data for grant reports.
· Assist with Board meetings and produce reports as needed.
· Support VVP team in maintaining marketing assets and constituent lists for: website, Annual Report, invitations, annual appeals, and other outreach materials.
· Support Director of Programs with social media campaigns and program in-kind tracking.
· Support fundraising event needs through supply purchases, tracking, delivery, third-party logistics, invitations and other duties as assigned.
· Help manage the office to ensure effective telephone, mail, and email communications.
· Assist with office, event, and program supply orders as needed.
· Check, sort and distribute mail as needed.
· Deposit, file and accurately record donations into Bloomerang.
· Manage Bloomerang database including, but not limited to: report creation, list management, timely donor acknowledgement letters, and database training.
· Create electronic and printed event invitations, flyers, and thank you notes.
· Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
· Run organization errands and help create packets and materials for programs as needed.
· Support Executive Director and CFO to track all fundraising expenditures.
· Track all invoices and manage payments and record keeping for fundraising events.
· Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer to reconcile donations and invoice payment records.
· Track all records according to established accounting policies and procedures.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in office management, business development, and/or communications.
· Two years of demonstrated experience in office management, business development, and/or communications preferred.
· Must be passionate about the mission and vision of Vail Veterans Program and establishing lasting relationships with donors, sponsors, event partners, volunteers, donors and participants.
· Requires excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
· Prefer experience in nonprofit work, programs/ special events coordination, and marketing and/or communications.
· Must have ability to deliver high quality results to all stakeholders.
· Experience using Microsoft Office, MailChimp, or similar email marketing service, Adobe, Paperless Post, WordPress, Survey Monkey and Bloomerang or other web-based data management system preferred.
· Self-motivated, energetic, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
· Working knowledge of graphic design best practices for both print and web.
· VVP is a small office environment where everyone pitches in. The right candidate will be willing to wear a variety of hats and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
· Occasional outside travel.
· Evening and weekend work hours are required during fundraising events and programs, including some holidays.
· May be required to lift boxes and other objects of various weights up to 30 pounds.
· The majority of work is performed inside but will require some outside work as necessary to facilitate fundraising events and programs.
Compensation and Benefits
· Salary based on experience.
· This position is eligible for unlimited PTO taken in one-week increments and with prior written approval. Time off may not occur during fundraising events or programs.
· Hybrid schedule, with opportunity for some remote work with approval; 85% in office.
· QSHERA health benefit offered.
· Retirement Benefit offered.
- Education / Training
- Paid Time Off
- Ski Pass