Salary: $50,000 DOE
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Vail Valley, CO
Publish Date: Posted January 2, 2023
Applications have closed
The Program Coordinator role is a full-time position based in Vail, CO, reporting to the Programs Manager and Executive Director. This individual is passionate about our mission in serving wounded military veterans and their families, and brings dedication and creativity to the responsibility for coordinating all administrative and logistical aspects of programming, events and community engagement. The ideal candidate is organized, energetic, creative, a team player and has excellent verbal and written communication skills to thrive in a fast-paced and innovative environment, with people who are passionate about their work and mission.
- Work closely with the Programs Manager and Executive Director to plan and execute VVP’s high quality therapeutic and healing programs.
- Cultivate collaborative working relationships with community partners, vendors and donors to ensure effective and efficient program delivery and attend other community events as assigned.
- Serve as a representative of Vail Veterans Program in the Vail Valley and beyond through consistent, positive and professional interaction that uphold VVP’s high quality and brand standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with Programs Manager to coordinate and manage logistics of all aspects of year-round programming.
- Coordinate volunteers and contract vendors.
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to internal policies.
- Maintain and create participant and donor database profiles to identify alumni participants and program needs.
- Assess the need for volunteers to enhance program/service delivery and identify volunteer assignments that provide meaningful work for volunteers.
- Work with team to develop creative marketing collateral for program events and activities.
Communications & Development Support
- Assist with maintaining marketing assets including: website, annual report, newsletters, brochures, fliers, invitations, annual appeals, and other outreach materials.
- Serve as liaison with contracted graphic designers, printers, and other vendors when appropriate.
- Assist with coordination of online and social media communications: website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter platforms.
- Work closely with Programs Manager and Executive Director to:
- Coordinate all logistics, promotion, and records of fundraising events.
- Ensure all donors, program, and event sponsors are properly acknowledged.
- Provide data for grant proposals.
- Maintain Vail Veterans Program fundraising database.
- Support Programs Manager to track all program expenditures and adhere to program budgets, according to established accounting policies and procedures.
- Conduct vendor follow up to ensure timely invoice payment.
- Coordinate office, event, and program supply orders and organization.
- Maintain supplies inventory through managing inventory levels; anticipate supply needs/ place orders and track delivery, expenditures and invoicing.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems.
- Check, sort and distribute mail.
- Deposit, file and appropriately input donations.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Run program related errands and create packets and materials.
- Must be passionate about the mission and vision of Vail Veterans Program and establishing lasting relationships with participants, volunteers, donors and vendors.
- Requires excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Prefer experience with a nonprofit work environment, programs/ special events coordination, and marketing and/or communications.
- Must have ability to deliver high quality results to all stakeholders.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Adobe, MailChimp, Constant Contact/ other email marketing service and Adobe Suite, WordPress, and Bloomerang or other web-based content management system.
Experience using Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other social media platforms in a professional setting.
Self-motivated, energetic, and able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Vail Veterans Program is a small office environment where everyone pitches in where needed. The right candidate will be willing to wear a variety of hats and perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Occasional outside travel.
- Evening and weekend work hours are required during programs and events, including some holidays.
- May be required to lift boxes and other objects of various weights up to 30 pounds.
- The majority of work is performed inside but will require some outside work as necessary to facilitate program and fundraising events.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary based on experience.
- This position is eligible for unlimited PTO taken in one-week increments and with prior written approval. Time off may not occur during programs.
- Education / Training
- Paid Time Off